NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 SAN keypad issues

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 SAN keypad issues
    Posted: February-28-2013 at 6:35pm
Keeping an eye on this thread as we now have a keypad in our fleet. Good luck!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 5:18pm
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 5:13pm
I'll follow this up any hoo. The keypad started to behave more like normal after acouple of days drying out. By the end of the day after reinstalling the start button was behaving as expected and as normal. A day later and after lots of pressing, the stop button is almost back to normal. Its almost like there was some form of corrosion on the contacts but use has 'worn' through it so to speak. I took it back out on sunday and kept it on the radiator in a box or rice all week. If it continues to work i think i'll just remove it during winterisation in future.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 12:11pm
Hey all,

After winterisation, today I swapped out all my guages to the faria style. Went to put on the radio while working so I hooked up the battery, fully charged, and ran into some keypad issues when testing the guages. The pad has never had a code since i've had it. Two pushes of the start button and we're off. However, today when I press the start button i get nothing. Accessories (blower, horn etc all work) and I'm getting 12.54v to the pad. Strangely though, when I hold the button in for some seconds the green light on the RHS comes on. If I hold it in again for a few more seconds the fuel pumps prime. If I hold it in again for a few seconds the starter turns. Pressing the stop button does not switch the ignition off though and I have to use the switch under the helm.

I know these pads are prone to fault but this was fine before laying up and the symptoms are weird.

Anyone have similar experiences or know what might be causing this?? New keypads are pricey...

D.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic