NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a Used Connelly Big Daddy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a Used Connelly Big Daddy
    Posted: February-17-2013 at 6:53pm
Hey,

I am looling for a used Connelly Big Daddy water ski. The water ski for the 250lb+ crowd.   Let just say I know some fat guys that want to get back into sking. This is not for me.

Donald
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 8:38pm
I'll ask my dad if he wants to sell his. I think he used it once. Dont know if the style has ever changed but this one was made in the 90's.

Waldo
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 11:32pm
Waldo,

Thanks I am intested. From my e-bay research there are several models/names from the past. However, from what I have learned the Big Daddy is the largest. That is what I need, oh I mean my fat friend needs. The pilot is on the market,but the big daddy seems to be the biggest one.

Thanks,

Donald
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 12:13am
Donald, Send me a e-mail at iowatique@hotmail.com and give me your cell number if you dont want to post it here. My dad said he will sell it. I'll go over and take some pics of the ski and text them to you.

Waldo
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 9:45am
Donald, I brought my Big Daddy to WL last year if you remember seeing it... It's about the biggest of the wide body skis that you'd want to put on edge. Connelly made a Big Easy that's even bigger, but doesnt look like it would lean over well... It's shaped like a 2x12.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 11:49am
Tim do I dare ask why you own a Big Daddy Ski. You're not exactly 250lbs unless you've bulked up since October.

Donald, Awesome man.... It'll be good to see you go for a slalom run on the river.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 12:09pm
Tim, the wide body skis are actually quite a bit of fun if youre just out for a cruise! I picked up the Big Daddy and a Mid-SX last winter, and they both got a fair amount of use last summer. Great for guests and teaching as well. I rode one for the first time a few years ago when I picked one up for HW... I tried it out and ran the slalom course on it, 32off at 26mph. What a hoot!
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 2:53pm
Donald, I made a mistake. I have the ski. But its a Kidder. Its 71 inches long. 7 1/4 inches wide. Its a Kidder Tunnel Pro Max. Sport series. 8.0 Flex control. Tour fin. Pro adjustable front wrap. Has a ski bag and the zipper works. Ski is pretty close to being mint. Let me know if you or anybody else is interested in it. Sorry about the confusion.

Waldo
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 7:25pm
Waldo,

No problem, I believe I am going to hold out for one of the Big Daddy's. There are also S, SX and LX Connelly Skis that are close in this size range. Holly Wood just sent me a comparison chart to get the correct size. A huge ski with a 540 ACME,a easy up rope should do the trick. Do not hate the player.

Thanks for checking with your dad.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Donald, I brought my Big Daddy to WL last year if you remember seeing it... It's about the biggest of the wide body skis that you'd want to put on edge. Connelly made a Big Easy that's even bigger, but doesnt look like it would lean over well... It's shaped like a 2x12.

Tim,

Yes, I do remember seeing it. Putting it on edge, in a big way, may come latter or not at all. Just cruising is what I am looking for.
I have seen the big easy on e-bay in the past and this is helping me figure out what is out their for the larger crowd.

Thanks,

Donald
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2013 at 8:03pm
I have it in the kitchen now. Kind of a nice decoration. I think I'll just leave it kind of looks cool.

Waldo
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 11:12am
Gentlemen,

Hollywood directed me to a Bid Daddy that was for sale in the Atlanta ( Murrayville) Georgia area. I contacted the seller last night and I have purchased the ski. It even has the correct size ( L / XL ) bindings. I need to be in Atlanta next week on business so I will pick it up then.

Thanks for all of the input and suggestions. This site makes finding watersports gear easy.

Thanks again and my fat friend thanks you.

Donald
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 11:36am
Tim, I bet that was a riot running the course.... You're not turning into a quinner and will ride anything are you?

Donald .... Let me know where and when you'll be in Atlanta and maybe we can hook up for an Atlanta Beers.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Tim, I bet that was a riot running the course.... You're not turning into a quinner and will ride anything are you?

Ha, only when it pertains to watersports!

The Mid-S and Mid-SX are definitely sportier (significantly shorter than the Big Daddy but similar in shape) and are much easier to turn... but you can put them all on edge. I just picked up a "Small Easy" which appears to be a shorter version of the Big Easy- the thing is wide all the way back. Will be interesting to see how it skis!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 2:14pm
Tim,

I will let you know. I get to Macon, GA about every eight weeks and that is more the direct that puts me near you.

Donald
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2015 at 12:46pm
Picking up an old thread here. I was in a nearby West Marine a few days ago cruising around for odds and ends. I was checking out the watersports aisle.

It turns out they had a brand new, leftover Big Daddy for $144 and change. I think it normally lists for $330 or so. I didn't grab it but probably should of. I already own an HO Freeride "Charger" 69, so was trying to be frugal.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should have snatched it up. Was thinking about going back tonight to get it. What do you guys think, is it worth it for $144?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2015 at 2:03pm
They sell for more than that used on eBay. That's a pretty good deal if you're looking for that particular ski.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 10:41pm
Brian, if you don't pick it up I would be interested! I rode one of Tim's last year at the mini and it was fun! Been kinda looking around but without much success.
Old school goin back to school!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2015 at 11:21pm
Thanks for the advice Tim.

John, I actually just grabbed it tonight. I was glad they still had it; I wasn't able to get over there till now.

I'm pretty excited to check it out.

Actually, haha, I'd be willing to let you ride on it In exchange for a pull on lake Cochituate
I'm working over near there at the moment. The other night I was riding the Framingham/Worcester line into Fenway and that train crosses over the lake. From the train window I saw someone tearing it up behind a newer 196. I tried to snap a pic but they were going the opposite direction from the train. Kind of got me itching for an after work ski there.
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 4:03am
I'm in the market for one also. If someone runs across one let me know. I travel central Florida to Atlanta one a week. Or will pay shipping on one.
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 10:44am
I just called another nearby West Marine to see if they had any more. I gave the guy the SKU# from the one I bought and he checked their whole system, stores and warehouses. I got literally, thee, last one.

Overton's carries the model I have for $300. You can get 3 degrees of snazziness on the bindings and mine is the base model. Overton's just the other day sent a 20% and free shipping, no minimum, promo code via email. It's now expired, but next good code I get, I'll post it.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2015 at 12:33pm
Another big ski worth a look is this Radar P-Six in 71". I was kind of stalking this one before I found the ski I just bought. It looks like a real nice binding setup as well. He's asking $320, but it's been up there a while, maybe can make an offer:
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=32292
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2015 at 11:42pm
See Craig's list San Antonio for $75
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2015 at 2:05pm
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2015 at 3:17pm
I've got a 71" HO Magnum with dual Venom boots (size XL), that I was thinking about selling.
Bought that ski in about 2007. Largest of the HO Free ride series for that era.

Also have Connelly Concept, 68" with double Connelly Super Wraps, size L. Bought in about 99. Fairly soft and forgiving ski. I actually skied it about three months ago for the first time in 8 or 9 years. Spurred me on to go buy a brand new Slalom ski.

If anyone is interested in either let me know. I'm not really trying to sell them, but, they are sitting here collecting dust. If someone else could use them, great.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2015 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by JayG80 JayG80 wrote:

$75 Big Daddy

Ad is wrong, it is a Big Easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic