Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delivery Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delivery Day
    Posted: February-15-2013 at 6:49pm

I know you all were expecting to see a picture of someone's new G,
but I was pretty excited to get home today and find a new platform for my 97 Sport.   Sure helps pass the long winters up here to look at this site and order stuff for the boat.   
The platform that was on the boat when I bought it never looked right. I finally figured out from looking at pics of other boats like mine that it was not the original. Thanks to CCF for having these available on the site. Cat wait to get it oiled up and mounted.

2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2013 at 7:15pm
Nice wood you got there.
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2013 at 7:37pm
Oilin your wood on a long winter night eh?   
'94SN Restoration underway...
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2013 at 7:54pm
Very cool! I need to get one of those myself. Thanks for the posting the photo. I'm curious to know how the platform looks on your boat. Since it is jatoba wood rather than teak, what product are you using to oil it up? How long did it take from dropping to order to delivery?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2013 at 8:07pm
Looks nice
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 3:35am
K roundy:
It took about 4 and a half weeks.   There was a little sheet that came with it that just said to use teak oil. Honestly I really can't tell any difference between this wood and real teak. I put one coat of oil on tonight, will post a pic in the morning.
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 12:43pm
I agree, I can't tell much difference either.
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 1:16pm

Here is a picture of the new platform with one coat of oil on it.
The other picture is my previous boat (i know wrong brand, Im converted now), after I refinished the teak platform on it. The only thing I can say is that the teak on the MC was a little darker but this may have been the lighting. Also I have seen lighter and darker shades of both teak and jatoba. One of the things I love about inboards is the wood platforms! Its going to be hard to let any one stand on it and get it scratched up for the first time
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 1:32pm
Every time I get mine looking nice my son and his friend take it out and jump off it with wakeboards already on there feet.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

scottb7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 1:39pm
It was soooooooooo nice not to see another post about the new g boats or "what colors should i pick" thread.

thanks...

I think the platform looks good...It does look like teak.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 4:34pm
Looks great !
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by scottb7 scottb7 wrote:

It was soooooooooo nice not to see another post about the new g boats or "what colors should i pick" thread.

I hear that. I never understood those threads. It's your freakin' boat, get it in the colors you want!!!!.

I think if you read between the lines of those posts, the real message is "I can afford a G and you can't; Na-Na-Na-Na-Na"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 5:00pm
Like everyone is not going to notice them anyways as they completely destroy the entire lake with their sunami wakes pushing a surfboard going in a straight line. G stands for Gay, 23 the number of ***************got azz surfers they can carry!!!

Oops, sorry OP for the threadjack

Platform looks great!!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I think if you read between the lines of those posts, the real message is "I can afford a G and you can't; Na-Na-Na-Na-Na"

More like "I can afford the G payments Larry
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 5:50pm
Haha Quinner. As much as we like to think the G buyers are all ballers they mostly all finance. So Garys statement rings true.

And Nanananana- I can't afford a new boat of any kind but I'd rather my 86 ;).
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:11pm
If I could afford a G I probably would plaster it all over everywhere too. But I would rather have a 210 anyway....actually my boat is pretty cool.
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:37pm
Well na-na-na-na-na....I can do more/better behind my boat that cost less than 1/2 the sales tax of your boat than you can ever even imagine doing behind your $150,000 boat.

(caveates: (1) skiing/footing, not riding/surfing (2) applies to most, but not all, G owners)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 7:17pm
Keep drinking the haterade guys, see if I offer you a ride on my new G25!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
scottb7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 10:58pm
I am waiting for the g27 to come out before I jump in. I want to have a trailer with 4 axles. 3 is not enough...

crap, i am turning into a hater too...what have i become...

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 11:19pm
I'm waiting for the G250

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 12:46am
I can't really jump on the hating on the G bandwagon... since I pretty much wore my G23 Proving Grounds Tour t-Shirt from June to October this year...
Although, the free t is the only thing G I can afford

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 1:54am
If financed, would that be buying on a G String Budget??

Joe, really, not a G spot for anybody??
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 2:50am
G5 P0T
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by scottb7 scottb7 wrote:

Speak of the Devil   

How can it be on order if he hasn't picked out the color????
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 3:02pm
Larry, if you're going Orange, this one's already on the dealer floor waiting for you

http://www.maccallumsboathouse.com/Preowned_Detail.cfm?ID=1046
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 1:51am

Installed makes the boat look so much better
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 2:22am
thats a sexy bald guy in the picture.
'94SN Restoration underway...
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 4:33am
mtrbtr - that looks great! Very nice.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 11:11pm

One more pic
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
Sid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2013 at 1:09pm

First timer - resurrecting a thread, but this was useful when buying the jatoba platform from CCF.

Installed, not yet used, on my new SN200. Looks great. Seems solid. Took four coats of teak oil. The factory fiberglass painted platform looks great and is solid, it's just gonna get scratched to hades with skiers in and out all the time. Bought an extra set of folding platform bracket$ from CC through my dealer. Can easily switch out if ever needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic