Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Correct Craft / Ski Nautique Key Floats Old School
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft / Ski Nautique Key Floats Old School

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft / Ski Nautique Key Floats Old School
    Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:02pm
Almost 50 bucks for a Key Float, These are the ones I asked Marty Mabe about reproducing nice replicas of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321070321252?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:03pm
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:16pm
WOW!! What did he do, a run of one?
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:20pm

I've got one I'll let go for a hundred bucks.

It has a lot more "pitina"

and works perfect.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:23pm
The guy on ebay has two listed right now both are big $$$ for key floats ..... MARTY !!!!! Here ya go !
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 9:42pm
Whoever pays $50 for that, should have their keys sink. A little silly if you ask me. My wife was standing over my shoulder and wanted to know what they originally cost in the 70's.....FREE!!!!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 9:56pm
OK-- Guys. I'm going to Humor ya'll...   If I get a quote on these will ya'll commit to purchasing them??

Plain and simple--- these will be done in WHITE with  the Red lettering on one side and Blue on the other... just like the OE ones in the pics... no diversions or special orders.

Then the next question--- What would you pay for one of these???

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 10:17pm
Marty,

I just emailed my promotions guy also. If I can get them run cheap enough, I'll get a bulk of them and send them to you to distribute. Feel free to email me. (you have my email)
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 10:44pm
There was a time I would've paid $50 for a key float!!!!   
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

There was a time I would've paid $50 for a key float!!!!   

Ouch. Maybe this is the new reunion give away.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 10:58pm
Can I sponsor that one? Not the eBay one but Marty's.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 11:25pm
I would think $48.95
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 1:28am
They dont even have the actual "Correct Craft" script like the emblems. Wouldnt that be cooler than the plain old block lettering?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 2:40am
1st I can't believe people think it's nuts someone is bidding $46 for one of these.

It's an original float in perfect condition.

What would you pay for a 1968 Mustang with 1 hr on it? a buy bought it and placed it in a vaccum for 40years?

These things don't come around often and getting the original thing is maybe the one last thing someone wants to complete their boat?

Marty If you need funding hit me up.

As for pricing, get a quote and try to make it as close to the original one as possible. Pay for the color change and don't change the font.

Try to repeat that exact thing, why would you change it? We're not putting in ballast systems, painting graphics, throwing on towers, super speaker systems etc. and i hope I don't need to explain why.

Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 11:22am
Naaa,I'm with Steve, put the correct craft script on one side or the Nautique "N" on the other and you'd actually sell a few. This original style, and you'll be hanging onto bags of these things IMO...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:07pm
Marty, What happen to the ones you made last summer? Are you still hanging on to those things or did you sell them all?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Naaa,I'm with Steve, put the correct craft script on one side or the Nautique "N" on the other and you'd actually sell a few. This original style, and you'll be hanging onto bags of these things IMO...

Moj'

Sounds like something Nautiquegear should be selling for $1.99!

If youre going to bother remaking the original, then do it the same. The colors are neutral and it has a cool vintage look- so it would look appropriate in boats new and old, of pretty much any color. I bet these would sell just fine. I know Id want a bunch!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

They dont even have the actual "Correct Craft" script like the emblems. Wouldnt that be cooler than the plain old block lettering?

Keep it original Steve goodness ;).

I have a CC red one from MM that will be going on my Skylark but I would also love to put that one on my 86 . I'm in.

Now if I can get my dad to buy Mr. Mars' boat we will need another!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:36pm
I am good for 6 of them if they are exactly like the originals Marty
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Keep it original Steve goodness ;).

Ok Pete..... errrr, Zach. I have absolutely no problem with the block lettering.

(Even tho I think the script would be cooler. )

Moj, we gotta keep the "N" off of these tho. All you "Nautique" owners can make your own!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Moj'

Sounds like something Nautiquegear should be selling for $1.99!

If youre going to bother remaking the original, then do it the same. The colors are neutral and it has a cool vintage look- so it would look appropriate in boats new and old, of pretty much any color. I bet these would sell just fine. I know Id want a bunch!

Interesting to know what the min would be for these "Fugly" things.
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:53pm

All you "Nautique" owners can make your own!

My Nautique doesn't have keys
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 12:56pm
Alan, we all can't afford that luxury ;) haha. Gotta save our money for floaties!!

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Alan, we all can't afford that luxury ;) haha. Gotta save our money for floaties!!

Save your money Zach, I have one of those floaties laying around somewhere, if I come across it I'll send it to you.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 2:17pm
One suggestion I would make is try and find a better quality chain, the blue ones I got from Marty last year the chains were very flimsy.

With you Dave & Steve, just too plain, so many other options, the waters of the world globe, CC script, etc. etc.

Also like the floats that have the removable caps so your reg, cash, whatever can go in there.

If you are going to go, go big!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Also like the floats that have the removable caps so your reg, cash, whatever can go in there.

If you are going to go, go big!!

Try to resist the urge to put all of your pocket change in the float as that makes it a lot less effective Mr. Mykeysareatthebottomofthelake.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 2:28pm
I think there is enough interest in the original design. Why don't you tower guys go make your own!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I think there is enough interest in the original design. Why don't you tower guys go make your own!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

I am good for 6 of them if they are exactly like the originals Marty

I'm good for 2 if exactly like the original also, or otherwise count me out.

I have a nice one that i got off a Nautica jacket about 5 years ago that i'll use if i can't get an original!
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2013 at 3:04pm
Come on Timmy, that's called ballast!!

OK Timmy, my keys have only hit the bottom once in my 40+ years of boating, and guess which butterfinger fumbler, who posted right after you, was the last one to possess them??

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic