NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what does this gauge ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
chicagozalewski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicagozalewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what does this gauge ?
    Posted: November-19-2012 at 10:01pm
what does this gauge ?

thanks
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2012 at 10:08pm
Looks like a depth finder to me.

Donald
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2012 at 10:09pm
It looks like a Lawrance water depth gauge
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2012 at 10:11pm
Gary,

My Gardens boat did not come with one of these, back in the day.

FYI,

Donald
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicagozalewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2012 at 10:25pm
thanks for the reply

whether it is a basic cruise control correct craft buttons on the boat SAN210 2001y.?

where to find them?

if anyone has pictures of these buttons?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Gary,

My Gardens boat did not come with one of these, back in the day.

FYI,

Donald

Don, I have a line on a Lego Land boat,are they any good?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicagozalewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 12:11am
"Instead, all functions of the Cruise system – on, off, engage, disengage, increase, decrease and resume – are controlled by a pair of built-in buttons that allow the system to function with the simplicity of an automotive cruise control. "

my boat probably has cruise control corect craft

what they look like and where can I find these buttons?

if anyone has pictures of these buttons?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 12:39am
If it is the basic cruise the gauge should look like the one right next to the drivers finger in front of the cupholder. If in the dash probably the spot that has the depth gauge in it, furthest to the right.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 1:28am
Was Correct Craft Cruise it's own thing? Or was it a rebadged Perfect Pass?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 11:19am

[/QUOTE]

Don, I have a line on a Lego Land boat,are they any good? [/QUOTE]

Yes, they are but they are 2012 models so you will have to come out of retirement and make payments for the next 15 years to get one.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 11:29am
Steering Wheel Cap is where some mounted.

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 12:25pm
Brian, it is a Perfect Pass unit, the basic cruise had no paddle wheel, it was RPM based only.

Marty, the steering wheel mount was not used until 06' maybe even later then that, it's possible that unit only works with Drive by Wire also.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Brian, it is a Perfect Pass unit, the basic cruise had no paddle wheel, it was RPM based only.

Chris,

I am looking at bigger boats right now for next season and I was wondering about the RPM based speed control. Does it work well or how does it compare to the paddle wheel control? I would think the paddle wheel is better and is based on actual speed, but I may be wrong.

You post is very timely for me.

Thanks,

Donald
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I am looking at bigger boats right now for next season and I was wondering about the RPM based speed control. Does it work well or how does it compare to the paddle wheel control? I would think the paddle wheel is better and is based on actual speed, but I may be wrong.

Donald, I have a Perfect Pass Stargazer. It doesn't have a paddlewheel but it does have GPS. It also has an RPM option.

It has multiple modes, RPM, Wakeboard, (Trick and Jump which I never use) and Slalom.

When you use the slalom, it actually has a calibration mode, to map speeds to particular RPMs. Honestly, I think that the slalom mode then winds up going pretty much off of RPM then.

I'm pretty confident I could use RPM for everything, wakeboard, slalom etc. The only time it wouldn't work well, is if you had a boat that might be coming on and off plane at a particular RPM.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 3:55pm
Donald, I have had both and the paddle wheel does work better in most situations.

PW version: can be set in RPM or Speed modes, you set speed prior to the run, not effected by changing boat/wind direction, gauge displays speed/rpm, etc., up/dn arrows on display can adjust on the run speeds in .2 or .3 mph increments, resumes previous speed on re-starts once withing a few MPH of set speed

Basic version: rpm based, set speed on the go, no display, requires tweaks on the fly if conditions such as wind/direction change, up/dn arrow adjustments similar to PW version, resumes previous speed on re-starts once withing a few MPH of set speed

The PW version definitely requires less user input so the driver's attention is much more focused on the skier and the surroundings, not as much speed and throttle.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 6:37pm
Brian and Chris,

Thanks for the input that was a big help.

Donald
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2012 at 11:39am
ya what quinner said . I had a rpm only and added a paddle wheel.. much better a lot less messing with controls . Justa little scary drilling the hole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic