NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windshield Refinish

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 3:49pm
here is the finished product.

this photo shows the orange peel...can't tell from a few feet away. i'm not sure if that is inherent to powder or the application...overall it still looks like new.

here are the parts before assembly. you can see there is hardly any powder inside the rails. not exactly sure how he did this, but it worked out really well...i.e. no extra interference during assembly.

now i can finish my turtle project
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 3:54pm
Cool, but it's blocking the calendar.
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 1:00pm
I was pulling the top end off yesterday and was actually thinking about doing the exact same thing. Who did you end up working with to find new seals?
'94SN Restoration underway...
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 2:04pm
i called taylor made customer service...can't remember exactly who I talked to, but she was very helpful.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2013 at 2:12am
I don't remember the reason behind the orange peel look but the guy who powder coated my windshield frame warned me about it when I mentioned a gloss finish. I chose to go with "hammerhead" black which gave the frame a little bit of a rugged look. It's differet but I'm very happy.
1992 Nautique Excel
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 5:31pm
Thanks, Hollywood. This is very helpful.

Is the seal In this discussion on the bottom of the windshield that mates up with the fiberglass?

Nick, when you were wacking it off, what part were you wacking? Was the windshield stuck to the fiberglass? Were you able to line up all the bolt holes easily? I'm about to re-do my '99 Ski Nautique closed bow. Exploring whether it's worth the effort!

Thanks in advance,

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic