NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1969 San Juan has a new home

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 10:54am
Jeff,

I still haven't removed that engine mount, my rental property and doing and addition on my house has kept my pretty damn busy.

Do you have a time you need it by?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:41am
Actually I probably don't need it. Assuming you're talking about the lifting rings. Looking more at mine, the actual rings are fine, although covered in paint. Only the rods below are bad and I can replace them with threaded rod.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 2:47pm
Sounds good, it will allow me to lift the thing into the back of truck for the work dumpster easier anyways haha.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 4:23pm
So what's better (or worse...) than a free San Juan? How about 2 free San Juans? That may be what I'm getting myself into. There was a 1974 posted in the CL thread a few months ago and I wanted to get it. After going back and forth with the owner a few times I ended up driving to CT last night to check it out.
It's rough and pretty much in the same condition as my 69, but it does have a trailer. Not a factory trailer, but it's pretty good and designed to fit the hull and underwater gear. I may be picking it up next weekend before or after the CT mini.
It doesn't have an engine, but it does have a transmission, engine mounts, strut, prop, and most hardware. The floor is ripped out of this one and you can see in the pics below that the SJs have 2 fuel tanks under the floor in addition to the one in the transom. This is how they get the 60 gal capacity.

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 5:42pm
nice trailer jack under the strut!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 7:02pm
I like the prop shaft length after the strut I think you are the winner of who owns the most San Juan's!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

nice trailer jack under the strut!

The struts for the San Juans have a fin underneath them. I think that's what you're seeing. They actually sell it at Nautique Parts here. Notice the $359 price... if I part it out I'm definitely keeping that as a spare.

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I like the prop shaft length after the strut I think you are the winner of who owns the most San Juan's!

Gary the prop shaft is so long because it's not connected to anything. No engine or transmission in there. The coupler was soooo rusted though and will need the be replaced.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic