Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone going to the Geneva Lakes Boat Show??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 AquaSkier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone going to the Geneva Lakes Boat Show??
    Posted: September-25-2012 at 8:58pm
Was curious if any CCFan's were heading to the boast show this weekend in Lake Geneva? Pete I would imagine you will be there!
I am working the parking lot display area from 1-2:00 on Saturday. Would love to finally meet some you all.
Todd
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:16pm
Todd,
What are you doing in the parking lot exactly? Yes, I will be there and in fact, there's another thread on the subject. Come looking for me!

BTW, it's really not the "Geneva lakes" boat show but rather the ACBS Blackhawk chapter show.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:45pm
Just look for the guy wearing a turtle neck with a monogramed shirt carrying a inner tube from a '57 Mack truck
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 12:18am
Gary I bet it will be an OEM tube!!
Pete not sure what they have planned for me. Being a newbie, could be litter pick up for all I know. I hope to see you there. I hope to see the Atom there.
Todd
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:51am
Todd, don't mind Pete, he is a freak of nature in more ways then any human I know, lol.

What he also meant to say is it is Lake Geneva, not Geneva Lakes.

What Gary said is 100% the truth, less the tube, lol.

I am on Child sports overload Saturday, not a chance I will make it....

PS, is Gary your sun, cuz I noticed he is only ate and you guys have the same last name??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 7:07am
Todd,
I won't have a boat in the show. I haven't in several years since I feel it best to give other people a chance at some awards. The X55 has a couple best in classes and the Atom several awards including best of shows and the Blackhawk Sharpest Arrow award.

Where is your Aqua? I can't remember if you were going to haul it up here or to Florida?

BTW, Gary's description of me is correct but add that I have gray hair - that way you can spot me through the crowd and not get close to check my shirt cuffs!

Chris,
Sorry to hear that you are tied up and can't make it. It's always great to see you. We'll get together in a couple weeks.

Gary,
What about you? Did you know your boat is eligible to be entered in a ACBS show? The current "Classic" category is any boat built between 1943 and 1975 inclusive.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 12:10pm
Pete,
I finally got the Aqua up here in July. Needed some clean up and engine work which I got done. Have it up on the Fox. Had it out a couple of times so far.In seeing Gary's "fine day" post, looks like I missed him by a day. I was out on that Sunday.
I will keep an eye out for you. You can always stop by the parking lot display area.

Chris, too funny! If that was the case, I was truly a great dad letting my young son drive a boat at -17 years old! Who knows, we could be long lost cousins. One thing is for sure, we both have good taste in boats!!!

Todd
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 11:28pm

Todd, I was out Sat and Sun but just ran around close to home. Too bad I missed you.

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Gary,
What about you? Did you know your boat is eligible to be entered in a ACBS show? The current "Classic" category is any boat built between 1943 and 1975 inclusive.   

Pete I'm not ready anyway, I need to finish the interior and I'll get that done this winter. I would also have to paint both the intake and exhaust manifolds and most likely remove my AN fuel line
Ran out of cpes but got my order today so I got back to working on my side panels

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 3:06pm
John and Todd,
Where were you guys Saturday?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 4:27pm
Gary, you're putting cpes on your side panels? They look good. Did you use the template I sent you a while ago? Did you join two pieces of plywood or did you find some 12' pieces.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 4:46pm
Pete, we took a walk through Saturday and bumped into Bigwavedave, I looked for you but didn't see you around anywhere.

I know the Streblows are a local boat but man there sure where a lot of them.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Pete, we took a walk through Saturday and bumped into Bigwavedave, I looked for you but didn't see you around anywhere.
What time were you there?

I know the Streblows are a local boat but man there sure where a lot of them.

Yes, I understand that there are roughly 150 of them on Geneva!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:35am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Yes, I understand that there are roughly 150 of them on Geneva!!

Adding to this, I understand there was a Streblow gathering on the lake on Sunday. They got as many of the owners to participate as they could. It was to be a tribute to Randy Streblow who passed this year. Video footage from a helicopter too. Once published, I'll post the video.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
goldenrigley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 3:33am
I'll be there Sat. I hope it is warm so I can wear my Correct Craft Tee.
Jim in WI
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 9:29am
I will be there with the Hurricane on Saturday only. Any CCfans Please introduce yourselves and maybe we'll get away from the dock for a while and take a boat ride.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 10:56am
A friend and I are riding the bikes up on Saturday. Will look you up to say hey Alan.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 12:19pm

I will be there with the Hurricane on Saturday only. Any CCfans Please introduce yourselves and maybe we'll get away from the dock for a while and take a boat ride.

hhhmmmmmmm,, We will be coming back from Milwaukee Saturday afternoon.. I may have to swallow my pride about never going back to the "yuppy wanna be town" of fontana if there is a ride in the hurricane involved!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

hhhmmmmmmm,, We will be coming back from Milwaukee Saturday afternoon.. I may have to swallow my pride about never going back to the "yuppy wanna be town" of fontana if there is a ride in the hurricane involved!!!

I'll be gone by 4 Steve, Not interested in the Dinner and Judging.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 1:21pm
You got the "yellow shirts" ... you'd fit right in.    I suppose they could just send you your trophy!

We're going to see our "newest" 4 month old grandson. So, trying to get grandma headed back south could take a little doing!    We'll see how the time plays out.... would be great to catch up for a bit.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 5:23pm
Alan - If you see Pete there, tell him to logon & say hi!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2014 at 11:08pm
Finally getting a few minutes to post some pictures from the Antique Boat Show a couple of weeks back at The Abbey Resort in Fontana, WI on Geneva Lake. I was there both Saturday and Sunday. I looked for Alan (and the Hurricane) but didn't see him.

My wife Mary standing beside a '73 Century Coronado.

Antique bi-plane fly over!

Antique boats filled the Abbey Harbor.

I am not sure what it is, but, damn, it is gorgeous!

And the winner of this years boat show....A 1986 Ski Nautique (or is it an '87???....any guesses?)
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2014 at 11:42pm
Too funny! that made my day Dave! That was me. went up first thing Sunday morning. My wife and I (kids too) have gone up to the Blackhawk show every year for many years. Even years after both my kids where born only a week old! we went out for about 45 min and that included launching. NUTS. I couldn't get off the lake quick enough. figured the lake would be slow because of the Bears Packers game. My parents went Saturday and sent me a couple pictures of Alan's Hurricane as I told them to keep an eye out for it.
Trailer freshly painted and all new LED lights and decals thanks to Marty Mabe! just need to do pin striping
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2014 at 12:09am
Joel....Nice looking rig! I wondered if a CCF member would surface as the owner. It would have been good to meet you. Perhaps next year. I did notice your trailer had a nice new paint job on it. Looked like new! I wasn't sure if it was an '86 or an '87, so I went over to see what contour the deck had. (I didn't think the owner would appreciate me taking the cover off to check it out:). As far as using it on LG, I would assume you have to get up there pretty early AM to catch the smooth water. I know from experience that lake gets real rough by early PM. Where do you normally use it? Ever go to Delavan?

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2014 at 12:16am
We stopped bt the show for a short time Sunday afternoon. It was busy!!! Caught up with Alan and went for a ride in the Hurricane! ...got what we came for and left!

BTW... even tho the lake was ROUGH... had a great ride! ... THANKS AGAIN Alan!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2014 at 12:48am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Joel....Nice looking rig! I wondered if a CCF member would surface as the owner. It would have been good to meet you. Perhaps next year. I did notice your trailer had a nice new paint job on it. Looked like new! I wasn't sure if it was an '86 or an '87, so I went over to see what contour the deck had. (I didn't think the owner would appreciate me taking the cover off to check it out:). As far as using it on LG, I would assume you have to get up there pretty early AM to catch the smooth water. I know from experience that lake gets real rough by early PM. Where do you normally use it? Ever go to Delavan?

She's getting there. working on the boat now and cleaning up the exterior because she needs it! We were probably walking around the show, maybe at the playground or eating at Gordy's. I wanted to go out first thing when we got there at 10am. It looked really calm but the kids needed to get out and move around after the car ride. First and last time on LG with the Nautique unless its during the week but my work schedule really doesn't allow for that. never at the Abby again for sure, the launch SUCKS with the drive on trailer and how ruff it was out.
years ago I was on Delevan (seems pretty decent)but it has been on the back of my mind to go there to let the "old girl" stretch her legs out. I have been just going to the Fox River in St.charles since I purchased the nautique end of July. Only about 2 or 3 miles to run and its a narrow part of the river.
hope to meet at a Chicago Beers sometime soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic