Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Checked and all set to be there on the 20th and check out on 25th. Now just have to decide which boat to drag down behind the truck. Looking forward to the trip back this spring!

James, glad you're coming back down this year. Drag the BFN down! I might request your help in teaching me to long-line.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 3:27am
Bret dragging the BFN down is not completely out of the question. However, I was debating more between the Air or the SN. I may be leaning more towards the Air because it has the dual axle trailer.
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2012 at 10:57pm
Hi guys,
Great meeting all you guys last year and seeing all the boats. Hopefully will be able to make it over again.
Mike
PS Joe you can bring the mask with you>
The weather was perfect last year. Lets hope for a repeat.
Lakedog55
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2012 at 12:59pm
Karen and I look forward to another SJRR, plans are under way for the best event yet......See you there in March........Billy/Karen
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2012 at 12:59pm
I have sketchy information on a new "destination" for the primary river run. There is a marina that welcomes groups, and there is a state park next door, but at the park they charge an admission fee even if you "boat in."   From what I understand, there isn't much dock space, so we would have to anchor out and raft up. Maybe bring along a couple of inflatables or canoes for those who don't want to get wet going ashore. I hope to find time soon to go there and check it out. Funny that I have to go borrow a boat to do it; mine is stll in cold storage, and I don't want to use the '61. Hontoon Island was really good.......
Art
"Art"
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2012 at 8:50pm
Art,
This is Mike Let me know and I can meet you at Astor with boat and check it out, only 25 minutes from house.
Mike
Lakedog55
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2012 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

I have sketchy information on a new "destination" for the primary river run. There is a marina that welcomes groups, and there is a state park next door, but at the park they charge an admission fee even if you "boat in."   From what I understand, there isn't much dock space, so we would have to anchor out and raft up. Maybe bring along a couple of inflatables or canoes for those who don't want to get wet going ashore. I hope to find time soon to go there and check it out. Funny that I have to go borrow a boat to do it; mine is stll in cold storage, and I don't want to use the '61. Hontoon Island was really good.......
Art

Art, that sure sounds like a plan.....

When in doubt refer to rule # 1

SJRR Rules and Regulations

# 1 There is no plan.....

Hontoon sure was worth the drive, the dockage and BBQ pits will be haed to match anywhere along the river. We are always open to new "river runs" we just need a place to tie up and graze...Mike if you are savy to that area give me a call..Billy
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 12:24pm
Both Salt Springs and Palatka are farther from Astor than Hontoon. Either trip involves running the length of Lake George. If the wind were to be stiff (from any direction) it would be a tough or impossible trip for our small boats. Hontoon is looking better unless we find something more protected from the wind.
"Art"
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

Both Salt Springs and Palatka are farther from Astor than Hontoon. Either trip involves running the length of Lake George. If the wind were to be stiff (from any direction) it would be a tough or impossible trip for our small boats. Hontoon is looking better unless we find something more protected from the wind.

Yeah last year going across the lake on Friday to Silver Glen was rough and that was less than halfway. It beat the hell out of my Supersport and that's a much bigger boat. I can't imagine how bad it was for some of the guys going across in the older SN's and Mustangs.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 12:37pm
I have to admit that when I came back from the Glen I was running alone, and had some horrible thoughts about stuffing the '61 through a wave and losing it. It has zero flotation in it!
"Art"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 12:51pm
Before the mt dora boat show there has been a 4 day river run by a group of classics and their owners that I have spent some time hanging out with down on at the Jungle Den a couple times, they always seem to hit Lake George in the middle of some serious chop. There is a little Chris Craft Jr. that comes out with its original owner .. IIRC the boat is over 70.. you can imagine the age of the owner. It is short and extremely narrow, smaller than an atom, if he can make it I don’t see what you guys are complaining about.

(The last part is a joke, I know as well as anyone how little fun that lake can be in any wind, Reidp on the other hand thinks 3 foot white caps are an opportunity to coax that last of a tenth of a mph out of his mustang by getting the nose up.. waaay up. )
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 8:14pm
Hontoon will remain the destination for 2013..

Docking, rest rooms, catered lunch, fuel, pick nic tables, grills....All at Hontoon.

That sounds like a plan......Billy
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

That sounds like a plan......Billy

Aw oh!!!! This is going to ruin everything!!!!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 10:17pm
WHAT?? Are you guy's telling us it's not always like
this???

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2012 at 10:50pm
If I can get the deck back on between shrimping I plan to haul the fin boat over. Will definitely be the highlight of this years Florida adventures.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2012 at 2:39am
or this?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2012 at 11:34am
Ohhhhhhhhhh my eyes, my eyes! I can't see !
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2012 at 12:26pm
I had to turn down the brightness on my pc, good thing the hat sayed on Wait til you see my new swim suit

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2012 at 12:41pm
Those legs scared all the fish away at the Glen!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2012 at 6:49pm
Gary,

Two words.

TANNING BED

Pretty fly for a White Guy.

Donald
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2012 at 7:07pm
Hey Don I'm on a fixed income, I'm not paying a tanning tax!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2012 at 9:18pm
Water has been high in the river, so keep that in mind if anyone wants to stop somewhere good for ramps but not many beach spots.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 2:01am
Time to start the countdown.......Less than75 days.........

Hope to have a repeat of last years event...
Meet and Greet on Friday nite
Buffett supper to follow
Special Guest Speaker

Skipper Meeting at 9;00 am Saturday
Departure time for River Run @ 10;00 am
Please observe these few times
River Run on Saturday to Hontoon Island , with lunch provided.
Depart Hontoon at 3.00 PM
Mr. Maloon speaks at 6.00 pm
Cooken' to start afterwards....

See you all soon ...Any questions or info needed contact Karen or Billy..1-318-386-2825
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 10:19pm
I'm hoping to knock down another hog or two before the run so I can bring some wild hog meat this year.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2013 at 4:54pm
Good thing my friends brother is an FWC occifer Bret, sure pictures of my mini 14 sure across the nautique windshield would make for interesting discussion on those hogs.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 7:30pm
Looks like Mama Deen has agreed that Daddy Deen can go to the SJRR. I will probably arrive in the afternoon on the 22nd and have Sister Deen come for the trip to Hontoon on Saturday. Hopefully Brother Deen (a.k.a IAughtNaught) will make it also. I even plan to tow the '75 Nautique. It amy not perform btter than the past two White Lakes and Nashville, but it has had enough miles on the road to expect better results. I really look forward to the White Lake crowd and even those that made the "last" weekend at Reid P's. A special "shout out" to Marty, Morfoot, Tims (all of them), and Joe in N.Y. I know the Godfather will be there also, hopefully with his wonderful female companion.
coolguy147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolguy147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 8:33pm
So what are the exact dates?
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 8:44pm
March 22-24 2013
Joe C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 8:47pm
Joe C and Ellen have reserved a place and will be on on Thursday night. Look forward to seeing you all again.
76 ski nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:12am
Does anyone have room for a sleeping bag? I have a tent but it's huge. I don't think Amy will make it this year, but I sure would like to.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic