NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Small (Kid's) Slalom Ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small (Kid's) Slalom Ski
    Posted: August-16-2012 at 12:26am
I'm looking for a kid's slalom ski. My child that's interested is pretty small. He ways about 50lbs.

I took the toe section off of a kids cypress gardens set and mounted it on the back of the other ski, but I think he might need slightly more surface area to make it a little easier. He has been trying to learn by doing deep starts, but I am going to put him on the boom next weekend.

I'd love to find an actual slalom ski.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2012 at 12:05pm
I have two, both in the 61-62 inch range.

Obrien Siege Front adj rear toe $100 One set of extra hole epoxy filled.

HO Judge Front adj rear toe and a nice carry bag $150

Shipping extra.

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 4:51pm
Those skis look like good deals, but I think they're still too big for my son. I'm going to put him on the boom this weekend with his little Cypress Gardens Jr. that I rigged up for him. He is pretty determined and kept trying to deep start. I think once he get the feel off of the boom, he'll be better off.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 10:00am
They don't come too much smaller. My kids were about 60-65lbs when they started. My boy is 85lbs and was told he needs a bigger ski. He will be parting ways with a 62" Goode soon but that one is gonna be around $400.

The bag is no longer available so either ski is $100.

My daughter learned dropping a ski, my boy learned off the boom. The transition from boom he went to long line was done the same day. So needless to say two kids want to ski doubles so two skis. My daughter has already moved up to a 64" D3.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 12:48am
That's awesome. I may be hitting you back for these skis soon enough. My son is five and last weekend started on the boom, moved to the short line on the boom and tried to deep start, but got bumped by too many other folks needing time on the end of the rope. I'm thinking he'll be up this weekend on a long line. When I said he was 50lbs, I may have slightly over estimated. He starts kindergarten on Thursday. I'll try to post a video of him on the short line from last weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic