Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dual Batteries SN2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Batteries SN2001
    Posted: August-03-2012 at 7:33pm
I am considering doing dual batteries to deal with my anxiety about stranding myself at party cove. I use my boat a considerable amount to just float and listen to music at the party areas around the AZ lakes. My overall plans are to run a single 4 channel amp for my in boat speakers (currently have), and add a Syn 6 for the tower speakers and subwoofer (someday).

I would like to know if I can cut a hole in my floor around the current battery to create a two battery box. Has anyone ever done this? If not, where do people typically put their second battery? Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
N2Deep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2Deep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 7:38pm
I plan on adding a second battery this winter - will just bolt a black battery box to the floor under the bow and use the straps to hold it down. I will mount the battery switch to the board next to the driver foot rest. Seems to be the easiest way to add one.
1991 SN pulled by a 2010 Tundra
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 7:45pm
I was hoping to save space in my closed bow for the amps and other crap. I may have to do this but that isn't how I want to do it.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 9:06pm
Sure, there was a pretty good write up with pictures on PN about doing that with a SAN, i believe it is stickied into the mod sub thread. Wouldn't be that much different, you may run into a little more structure that would need modifying.   I would expand the current box to hold a couple of group 31 batteries, you can always put a smaller one in, but if you're going to do it why not size it for the biggest thing possible just incase. Its in the plans for my Excel to add 3 spots for the batteries this winter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic