Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 Repower - wont rev above 1500rpm

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40 Repower - wont rev above 1500rpm
    Posted: August-02-2012 at 9:49am
Hi all,

Finally got my repower in the boat. Runs but wont go above 1500rpm. Limp mode restricts to 2700rpm so i guess that rules it out. No check engine light either. Does this sound electrical or could something else be the problem? The boat is with the tech as we speak but I'm just reaching out. Had hoped to be on the water again now. Despite the cracked block it was running fine before going into the shop.

Any thoughts?

D.
Max View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:07pm
Sounds like a fuel issue, not enough fuel to the cylinders and it wont rev up.

I read an engine rebuild, did you fill up fuelcell with low pressure pump?

We rebuild our engine as well, and first 5-7 times turning on ignition with high pressure pump power connector not connected to allow the low pressure pump to fill up fuel cell canister.

This was on our ZR6, this engine is self capable of relieving the air trapped in the fuel rails, not sure the GT-40 is.

And we also, by accident, switched the inlet and return hose on the tank when we put it back together.

Perhaps ask the technician the boat is at now to do a fuel pressure test.

Regards.
2006 SANTE 210
2001 SAN 210
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 12:48pm
this is probably too dumb to be your problem...but make sure the throttle cable is clamped in at the engine...had a similar problem on the initial launch of my '99 SAN this spring...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 1:49pm
Just off the phone to the tech. There had been perfect pass issues due to the master module getting wet. The tech bypassed the PP and it runs like a champ. My 3 month saga could be coming to an end. Picking the boat up tomorrow morning!

Thanks all,

D.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic