NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 blown head gaskets

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bohinny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40 blown head gaskets
    Posted: July-16-2012 at 7:37pm
Well I have found a problem not the original problem but this one is going to hurt. I guess last time out when the boat overheated I blew the head gaskets. I did the compression test and this is what I found #1 110psi #2 50psi #3 115psi #4 135psi #5 60psi #6 70psi #7 120psi #8 140psi. There is no water in the oil. Right after it overheated I pulled the plugs and they looked fine. Today I pulled them and 2 were wet and one was burned up. Any pointers would be great.
Thanks
Billy
Billy
Bohinny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 8:32pm
This is a link to the first post
1995-gt40-miss-when-hot
Billy
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 9:17pm
I feel for you, it appears to be time for a rebuild, you might search here for some threads on this since its not uncommon.
This is the life
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2012 at 10:56am
Blown head gaskets are one possible cause, but not the only one. Pull everything apart and see what you find. Its possible you cracked the block or heads as well.
Bohinny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 9:47pm
Dropped of heads off at machine shop today. As suspected when I poured solvent down the intake ports it ran out the intake valves of the cylinders that had low compression.
Billy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic