Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Temperature Light on a 88sn

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pumpdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temperature Light on a 88sn
    Posted: July-02-2012 at 11:46am
Hey guys, I have a 88sn, the impeller and thermostat was changed last year. After that the light beside the temp guage started staying on. You can see the thermostat working, ranging from 140 to 170. I dont know why the light is on and wondered if you guys could help me out.
Thanks, Chad
Chad Lankford
89Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 11:58am
there is a little black box that reads all the senor readings. it must be going bad. you can just disconnect it unless you dont much attention to your gauges. the box in Our Martinique the wires that go into the quick disconnect for the box are falling out of their crimps. so i unplugged it.
and im sure by propeller you the impeller for rwp
Current Boats:

1992 Supra Comp-TS6M PCM 351w HO Pro Boss Pro-Tec Ignition - Full Composite (no wood stingers!)

1989 (3rd Gen) Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 351w Power Plus

1984 E-Scow

Keuka Lake,
pumpdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 12:18pm
Yea I meant impeller, I went back and changed it. Thanks for the reply. So unplugging the sensor box won't effect the gauges, just indicator lights will not work?
Thanks, Chad
Chad Lankford
89Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 1:35pm
yes. it will just stop the idiot lights and the buzzer from working. it wont effect the gauges.

i also recommend next time you buy an impeller buy a silicon one. ours has lasted over 15 years and been through a couple dry runs. they are only $30. well worth looking into. i have a link to find a silicon impeller for any engine.
Current Boats:

1992 Supra Comp-TS6M PCM 351w HO Pro Boss Pro-Tec Ignition - Full Composite (no wood stingers!)

1989 (3rd Gen) Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 351w Power Plus

1984 E-Scow

Keuka Lake,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic