Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

intermitten stater engage

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intermitten stater engage
    Posted: May-26-2012 at 8:11pm
Alright, I am working on a 1988 ccc. Late last summer we replaced a starter and installed new ring on fly/wheel. So I have a new starter (corr ect clocking) after reading some post here I replaced the starter solenid. When testing the starter the thing flies out when installed it just spins. Now it will grab and go but with no regularity.so I start poking around check the neutral safety switch. And I get to the ignition switch and start fussing with it bam she is cranking away. Then I here some crackling and now I have nothing.we are looking for a wirining diagram for circuit protection and some advice on where to look next. I am going to get a new ignition switch and fix up the connections but from there I'm lost.

Thanks for the help
Money

Found the diagrahm
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2012 at 6:27am
since its only intermitten just use it when it's working.
This is the life
Gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2012 at 5:41pm
New starter
New starter solenoid
New ignition

What I have is a starter that will spin,no kick out just spin. Then randomly it will kick out and turn engine over. Any advice will help. Resistance check on all wires less than. 4 ohms. I cleaned ground connections at block and repaired loose connection at battery positive post.

New issues after rigging random start.leaking float bowls, exhaust manifolds leaking water from rust.

Pis to come later on overall boat condition.

Gmoney
Gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 7:29pm
Somewhere my starter voltage is being consumed. I picked up some wire today and i am going to run a seperate ground for the starter. I had the starter tested and its ok. It is at the end of its oredicted life span so a new battery is not out of the question. We have come tjis far whats anothet hundred? I hate throwing hard parts at a problem.
"Hit it"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic