Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower for 2001 series

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower for 2001 series
    Posted: March-30-2004 at 5:24pm
Has anyone installed a tower on a 2001 series. I have an 84' and thinking about putting a tower on my boat. Titan or Monster? Dealer install or can I do it myself?   Any horror stories out there? Don't do it at all?

Thanks much!

Tommer
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2004 at 3:10pm
It is a very DIY kind of job, no matter what tower you buy.
texasbob View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2004 at 6:46pm
Check out the2001.com There are some pictures and opinions of several types of towers on 2001s'

Bob
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2004 at 8:24pm
TOMMER,
Isn't that your 84 in the diaries section?
I thought you sold that beutiful boat?
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2004 at 8:46pm
That is my old boat yes. I sold her and picked up the beautiful 92 SNOB in the diaries... couldnt resist. Hopefully the 84 is in good hands in Lodi, CA.

jwfergus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwfergus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2004 at 7:54pm
A friend of mine has an '84 2001 and he installed the Monster Tower (Monstertower.com) He is very happy with it and it throws a GREAT wake. I just bought a '93 SNOB and I too put a monster tower on that. I took it out for the first time with the tower this past weekend and it is so solid and quiet. Also, the guy at Monstertower are very nice and professional to work with. If you have a question or concern, they take it personal and make sure to get you the right parts and information. They also include the "specialty" tools and the anti-seize for the installation. They are one customer centered business.

I don't get anything for this endorsement, just the satisfaction of having ridden behind this great product on both my boat and my buddies '84.

I hope this helps. Post pictures of whatever you get.
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2004 at 8:37pm
If you could either post of picture or email pictures of both boats that would be GREAT!!! I have always wanted to see what a monster tower would look like on both boats. I have sold the 84, but have an 92' SNOB... basically the same boat as yours.

Cant wait!!!

Thanks!

Tommer
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2004 at 10:50am
Tommer, go to www.monstertower.com to see pics of their towers on all types of boats. You might also go to http://bierbower.net/diytower/home.htm for some other DIY tower projects.

Keith
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2004 at 10:21pm
I saw that tower! Pretty sweet, my same boat!   I always wanted to know what a tower would look like from Monster on it. Anyone know who "Kevin" is? I would like email him about how it was mounted, etc.

Thanks for the link for diytower.. .very nice!
'92Nique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '92Nique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2005 at 6:19pm
Hey jwfergus,
I see you've got a '93 SNOB with a Monster tower. I've got a '92 SNOB and I'm considering a tower. Tell me....have you had any cracking problems at where the tower mounts to the boat? Also, how much of a difference did you notice in the wake after you installed the tower? We're a 50-50 family (ski-board) and hope to preserve the nice balance of the wake we have on the '92 SNOB. Thanks
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2005 at 6:39pm
I put a monster on my 92 SNOB... it works great and looks even better. I did a lot of research on how to mount it, etc. Took a lot of pictures and actually got some pictures from other SNOB owners on their mounts. As far as the wake is concerned, it is no difference. Remember, a tower or an extend Pylon will not change the shape of your wake, weight will change the wake. I use Straight Line Lounge seats on each side of the engine and the wake is great. People can layout on them, etc.
NIce thing about the tower is that it opens the boat back up again. If you skylon or similar product, with 4 boards, it's a hassle moving around the boat.   

If you need more info or want pictures, tips, etc.. please feel free to email me!

Tommer
tommer12@gmail.com
92 SNOB
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2005 at 7:09pm
I put a boss pro series on my 84 2001.It wasnt all that hard at all.I'd do it myself.I might open a can of worms ,but i really dont like the way a monster tower looks on a 2001.just my opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic