Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Power for Radio

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power for Radio
    Posted: May-04-2012 at 12:15pm
I mounted in the glove box. The only reason is that the owner befor me had a cassette player mounted already. I did come off the 50 amp breaker with the #10.
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 9:50pm
I wasn't aware the radios used so little power. I would like to run it off its own switch directly from the battery or the 50 amp fuse by the engine.

Where did you mount your radio? Could anyone post pictures?
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 6:57pm
I came off the ACC. power for the radio only (red wire), didn't even pulled a .5 amp. I did run a seperate #10 from the main breaker and fused it at 30 amps for the amp and the yellow wire from the radio for the memory. Its only 400w amp and fused at 10 amps.   
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Don't headunits basically have built in relays? Little red wire to switch it on, big yellow battery power...

Good point, that's true.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 5:20pm
Don't headunits basically have built in relays? Little red wire to switch it on, big yellow battery power...
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 3:38pm
I ran a dedicated line to the perfect pass, amp and head when I redid the floor. I think you could run the head unit off the dash power without an issue.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 3:07pm
You could do a relay set up. Joel does a similar thing for his perfect pass here: http://www.nautiqueowners.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21539&title=gave-pp-its-own-relay-and-power

You could have a dedicated, fused, line from the battery to the relay. Then, if you have an available aux switch on your dash, you could use this to switch the relay on and off.
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 3:03pm
I finally got areound to ordering a radio for my SN. How did you guys pull power for the headunit? I would prefer to not run power from the bus that feeds the dash and other accesories.

Thank you!
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic