Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuilding the tranny but have a question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81CC View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rebuilding the tranny but have a question
    Posted: October-03-2005 at 3:16pm
Hey guys. I plan to pull the tranny and rebuild it after I lost forward. I'm fairly able to do these sorts of things, but the one question I have before pulling it concerns realignment when I reinstall it. Should I remove it with or without the mounts? I hope to pull it out wednesday night and order whatever parts I find need replacing. Hopefully, I'll get some pics up, too, for those of you who may want to try this.

Thanks for any help.
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2005 at 5:55pm
I removed w/mounts, make a mark, measure mount height or anything to get a starting point for install. You'll have to (need to) check alignment after trans is back in. Theres a place here that tells how, PICS are always a bonus here!
NO LONGER A MEMBER
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2005 at 12:45am
I guess why would you only replace what's needed. You've got it out and are going to open it up to fix the forward problem, why wouldn't you replace all off the clutch packs and reverse grear as well. Call dennis at skidim get your discount from this site and order everything to completely rebuild the tranny, why do it half asses, because you are just going to have to pull it again later when reverse goes out, so is it cheaper to do it once or twice?
81CC View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2005 at 4:46pm
No offense intended towards anyone, but I thought I had read that even with the discount, skidim was overpriced? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but maybe there is somewhere else to order the parts from?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2005 at 6:56pm
I think I paid around 150 bucks for everything without the discount.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2005 at 7:00pm
Actually you will find on somethings SKIDIM sells they are a little higher priced not much and on otherthings they are cheaper. Put what you won't get anywhere else is DENNIS's knowledge of ski boats. I know when I call and talk to them that I am going to get the correct parts and a quality part. Also there are things you will need that you will only find at SKIDIM.
81CC View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2005 at 10:49pm
Awesome. Thanks for your help. Once I get out of this round of exams I'm gonna pull it and fix it. I think I'll go ahead and order the parts so they're here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic