NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance Value

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Slupe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance Value
    Posted: March-23-2012 at 2:27pm
Hi all - I am picking up the new to me Martinique this weekend. I contacted my insurance agent to get insurance and she is asking for value for the motor, boat, and trailer. So, I am buying for $4500. NADA average retail is about $5500.

Any rules of thumb on how I should break this out?

Thanks guys!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 11:29am
Shouldnt be too hard. As an inboard I would think the boat and motor would be a single value. Depending on what kind of trailer, I would think $500 to $750 range for most of them.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 1:10pm
I have Progressive on mine, and it was an "Agreed Value" type plan. They asked what I paid for it, and it's based on that. Of course, the higher the agreed value, the higher your premiums.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 6:37pm
Most insurance companies always ask me what I paid for the boat... I tell them its none of their business! I tell them that $X is the number that it would cost me to replace the boat in its current condition. I never base that number off NADA... its usually driven more by what I paid, and what I have into it. Or, more appropriately, as JoeinNY told me "how big the check would need to be in order for me not to cry myself to sleep at night."

A higher agreed upon value will certainly increase your premium, but not by a disgusting amount. The amount of liability coverage that you carry is still going to be the biggest cost driver, by far.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic