NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Planes, Planes, Planes

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 2:29pm
Never been in a little plane like these before. Always wanted to fly over dad's house and where we duck hunt/fish/camp a lot in the spring and fall (Green Island, IA). That'd be awesome Steve. I will definitely take you up on that next time you're...flying around
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 5:06pm
Hot Doggin with a B-52 Bad Idea

This is the life
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 5:12pm
Andy, funny thing with a wing, when it is perpendicular to gravity, it doesn't create a whole lot of lift. The results are, will, obvious...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 5:16pm
Crashed in 1942 airmen only recently found in California glacier (yes California has glaciers!)

Lost Airmen Found
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 5:42pm
This is the life
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

What could be down the ice hole?

Down we go

Well waddya know?
glacier girl! seen her at reno 2 years ago, conpletly restored. very cool! i to am a pilot since 82, only owned 1 plane,70 cessna 150 aerobat. cool thread
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 7:44am
Come on you guys knew I would have one to tie footin and flyin together

or two

This is the life
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 9:50am
Cypress Gardens several years ago.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 10:04am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Jack - More envy here! That 180 is absolutely Gorgeous, I have a buddy who has a 190 from the same era, it would be neat to see those two birds as a flight of two. Just how does one get hired to fly an AT-6 for pay? You have had some GREAT gigs!

I was maintaining a large private collection of aircraft, the An-2 and T-6 were used as photo platforms for air to air stills and video.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 10:09am
Cypress Gardens

dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 1:19pm
Wow seeing all these photos is getting me interested again. It always amazes me how far one can see on a clear day, I'm on the west side of Mi and you could see downtown Chicago.     
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 1:40pm
This reminds me of my old lessons way back in the late 70's. It took me 17 hours to solo but the airport I was at had only one hard runway so all of the 17 hours were crosswind take off's and landings. At least it taught me how to "crab"!! My instructor was an old WWII pilot who I'm sure had some conditions coming out of the war. When nervous, he would stutter. My very first hour up, he told me to land the plane - during the approach, he started to tell me to "p,p,p,pull back". Well, he ended up taking the control of the plane! Even then, we did a hard landing - I was expecting to see the struts pop up through the wings of that low wing Piper!!

The third hour up on take off, he cut the power on me and I had to do a soft field landing on the only cross field strip. That was a tough situation as well since at that point, I was never told anything about soft field landings.

Man, that guy was tough!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 12:13am
Andy, great picture, love the one of the guy footin next to the Decathalon, very cool.

Pete - that sounds like fun, man I have had some bone jarring landings too. All part of the process, did you end up getting your license?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 1:44am
Ahh planes are just plain!!
This is the real heavy iron.

Here's a pic from my office before I retired.

The bad guys just before they had a really bad day.

Don't bother running you'll just die tired!!!
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 2:14am
Ahhh! now i know why thay call you gun driver, thats bad ass!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 7:55am
Steve,
No, I never went thought with getting the licence. The time and the money involved got in the way of more important things back then.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 10:23am
Paul, sweet gunship!! Love the Steelers logo...(I lived in Pgh for a couple of years).

Steve - I've actually been lucky enough to spend a fair amount of time up in small aircraft (Cessna 172 and Hughes 300), when I was a teenager several of my parent's friends had airplanes. When I was 17 my mom talked our neighbor into letting me fly his 172, even let me try a stall recovery. That was a blast! Absolutely loved it, thought about trying for an aviation career when I was 18 but then went a different direction. Have always regretted it. I still fly R/C occasionally. Would still love to get my private pilots license but it never seems to get any cheaper

When I was 12, my best friend's dad had one of these:

He used to land it in my parent's backyard, pick me up and take my buddy and I around to buzz our friend's houses. I thought it was the coolest thing ever! Even let me take the cyclic and rudder pedals a few times. My parents stopped letting me go up with him after they found out he was flying down into abandoned quarries and doing autorotation practice with us...
He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:40am
Paul - Thanks for your service, I have the utmost respect for all of you folks who lay it on the line in defense of all that we have! Pretty cool pics, that belly shot is really a neat perspective. The target camera on those things must be pretty incredible, makes it look like your 200 feet away and I am sure it was a lot farther.

Paul - that little thing looks pretty cool. I have never spent any time in Helicopters, the whole concept seems kind of foreign too me, I mean I get how it works, I just can't believe it actually does...
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 6:08pm

Helicopters can't really fly they just beat the air into submission.

- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic