Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ballasting an SV 211

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CMA211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMA211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ballasting an SV 211
    Posted: March-20-2012 at 4:05pm
Just wondering what are the best levels to fill the ballast tanks to, or the combination that works best. Also which position to put the wake-plate in, if that even makes much difference. Any comments concerning your experiences with ballasting these boats would be much appreciated!
DakotaCC
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 11:35pm
Well, so far, I haven't seem much of a difference in uing the wake plate. It does seem to "shape" the wake a bit, but really isn't easy to see from the boat. Once it gets warm enough to wakeboard behind it I can let you know. Maybe some video from the back will be better.

Not sure about the ballasts, but I have just run empty for ski and full for wakeboading. This is a brand new boat for me, but that is what I did even on a rented SV.

Haven't tried to surf yet, but heard that the surf wake was "okay". But I learned behind Keith's SN with one fat sac and a couple of (big) guys. So I am assuming the SV will be better.

Let me know what you think. Honestly some of this is personal feel based on what you like.
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 12:38pm
Anyone that owns a 211 finds that the boat is certainly what it was made to be and that is a crossover... The wake plate certainly does trim the wake, but that's about it.

To ride behind the 211, you'll find that you need to always fill the belly and both sides, but this still isn't going to give you a wake from a 210 SAN... Same with Surfing. To surf the 211, you need to add your biggest friends to the riding corner, or add additional bags..

You'll have to play experiment and try some different things. We love ours for several different reasons... Great machine for what it is..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic