NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convice me, SNOB vs. Brendella

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 1:57pm
Cojab, did you see this that just popped up on the CL thread:
1989 Sport
cojab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cojab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 3:57pm
I hadnt seen that Ultra. Thank you. I went to see the other boat and what a dissapointment. I didnt even stay long enough to get pics. the pictures they showed of the boat were obviously much older as the interior on this one was terrible. Carpet and upholstery was wet and had mold. Scratches all over the gel coat. The hull had places where the there was no gel coat left on it and was down to bare fiberglass. I assume from beaching the boat. Rubber bumper around the boat was gouged everywhere. The new found trailer was horrible and was about two feet short of reaching the transom. The bunks were 2x6 and were on edge as opposed to the hull resting on them. To top everything off the owner did not even bother to get it de-winterized so we could run it. After that it is definitly off my list of boats Im looking at.
On a somewhat good note I went and looked at the Brendella since it was just another 1 hour away. Much better shape, ran great and I know I can get the guy down considerably. (7000 to 7500) The wood stringers just has me leary on that one though.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 6:05pm
The early EFI boats were plagued with so many problems they actually discontinued and stopped advertising EFI for a while. Brendella is a West Coast boat and perhaps a plugged Ski Centurion. California boats appear flashier but generally not as well made.

I'd be willing to bet the ride will be better with the CC, The fit and finish would be better with the CC, the resale will be better with the CC. The flashy factor and more cup holders might go to Brendella.

I might sound biased but I've either owned or been around them all and Nautique always comes out on top for me.
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 12:27am
The Ski Brendella is very similar to the 2001 Ski Centurion we owned. Very pretty boat, but just awful on the water unless it was flat. It took water over the front so easily it was dangerous. Approaching an oncoming wake with passengers in the front the first time, I slowed way down, and gave it a little gas at the last moment. 6 inches of water came over the front, and drenched everyone. The only way to clear even a moderate wake and stay dry was to almost stop, and turn sideways, which gave a very spooky rolling sensation. Very poor design for the real world. My SN is so superior, it's hard to believe they are the same size boat. Every time we cross a big wake, my wife and I just look at each other and smile in amazement at the difference. Don't buy a boat you haven't water tested like I did, it's an expensive mistake.

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 12:31am
I've put water up and over the windshield in a SN just by stopping and turning back through my own wake. It's all in how you drive em.
This is the life
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 10:27am
I vote Nautique but if thats not enough see if there is a ski brendella forum and ask those guys there is a reason that everybody compares there inboard to a corect craft buy the Nautique in 10 years you will thank us
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
Polar Express View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polar Express Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 6:50pm
Well, I'll share with you, that last year, I purchased my first boat. I chose a Sport Nautique, and I'm very happy with the hull. For just cruising about, it has the EFI (the old, PCM config) but at ski speeds, the wake is pretty small, (sure the Ski hulls give you a smaller wake, but it's still pretty small) and at Wakeboard speeds, the wake is respectable considering it doesnt have ballast sacks or tanks. I may decide to get some bags in the future, but im happy. Besides the shape of the front of the hull that the Sport has allows for a bit better ride if the chop kicks up.

Just my two cents from a new boat owner that went through EXACTLY what you are going through now, one year ago. I'm VERY happy I went CC.

PE
1996 Sport Nautique

This is America, if you don't like it, go conquer another country, and start your own.

I'll keep my God, my guns and my freedom, Barry can keep his 'change'
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 2:16am
Originally posted by MIskier MIskier wrote:

That era Bredella will be an excellent ski boat, but will have a mediocre wake board wake. Quality wont be up to that of the CC, but they certainly are not cheapo boats like a moomba.

I know Moombas are less expensive than most, but do they have quality issues? Other issues?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

johnnyjosh123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyjosh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 6:44am
I have no idea about Brendella because i have no experience of it, i have heard about SNOB and it is OK for use. so i have only one option to guide you, go for SNOB.
lindsay123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindsay123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 10:02am
I will go with Brendella.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 10:50am
Paralysis by analysis . . .
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 1:46pm
Spam by spamming ...
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic