NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Dam for Ski Nautique 206

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Dam for Ski Nautique 206
    Posted: March-08-2012 at 7:41pm
Want to purchase a air dam for a Ski Nautique 206.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:21am
Hey Ryan

Mine came with a canvas curtain that snapped in place, is that what you are looking for or something rigid that can slide in/out??
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 12:37pm
Something rigid sliding in and out.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 2:41pm
CQ has one of those too, but I hear that its somewhat undersized, and it can slide in and out without anyone noticing?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 3:20pm
LOL! I guess the only ones I have been able to find have snaps. I really do not like the idea of snaps on a cover or something like this. I may have to fab something up. Cold feet are one bad thing about the 206 in the early season.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 2:52am
Do you guys think a jump seat would serve the same purpose?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 3:57pm
Jump seat won't really make that much of a difference, the curtain does though.

Here is a Pic, you can see the top snaps on the back side of the walk thru window, which is open.

Here is a Pic with the jump seat, you can see there would be many holes with only the seat there.

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 7:46pm
That really helps, thanks. Never thought I would use an air dam, but plan to be out in the water here in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if I could could fab something that would rest were the dam is and be held in place by the pie piece? Something like a board that I could cut / shape with a jig saw then glass /gel white. I like your interior, that's sharp!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 9:31pm
Ryan
What did you end up with? I have recently picked up a 206and am looking for something to block the wind.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Ryan
What did you end up with? I have recently picked up a 206and am looking for something to block the wind.

My Malibu had a thick plex air dam at the walk thru etched with the Malibu logo. It slid into a C shaped channel on each side of the walk thru. Very slick and very effective.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2014 at 8:18pm
Steve
What you describe is exactly what I was looking for. I may have to come up with my own version. Hope you are getting ready for some footing as I am getting the itch and need to keep the skiing every month of the year thing going
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2014 at 8:41pm
1 - For my 206, I have a snap-in cloth dam like Quinners. Stores simply and easily and takes a beating,

2 - on PN, a fella made a slide in tinted plexi-like plastic that was custom etched and when not in use, it was in a special pouch.... very neat, but I didn't want to commit to such effort.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic