Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas prices
    Posted: February-25-2012 at 12:25pm
Gas prices are at an all time high for this time of year. Any guess on what they will hit this summer?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 12:51pm
Higher for sure. I have been putting some money away so the kids can ski everyday this summer without fear of going hungry. I believe sometime in Sept or Oct it may miraculously come down to what will seem like a reasonable price just in time for the election.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 1:09pm
I heard someone at work say $5 by beginning of summer.It's currently $3.70 in the Atlanta area. I'm working as much OT as possible to support by boating habit and to afford the trip to River Run next month. I'm figuring at least $500.00 in fuel costs alone getting there/back and running the river.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 1:52pm
$5 gas could have an effect on my Green Lake trip this summer, not to mention the frequency of my boating outings. Does everyone accept this price? How much should gas cost and who can effect its price?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 2:57pm
Where at on average down here in dallas ft worth area, about 3.69-3.75 here for regular unleaded. I would suspect mid 4's for sure and before any of the obama idiots help us U.S. citizens.

Since we have a shortage going on, and Obama is letting these oil companies export so much of OUR overseas, what they need to do is is set a huge export tax on exporting overseas and that would bring these gas prices down considerablly. But he dont he give ***************. Its all about class warfare with this ***************et. He wants what you got.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 3:30pm
Sorry Lee but I have to disagree. Gasoline is a global comodity. We import oil and then refine it and export some gas back out. It helps our balance of trade, and gives us US based jobs. If we put in that big export tax it would hurt employment,(especially in Texas) and decrease the global gas supply thus increasing prices. Shame on you for promoting a big government fix .
1987 Ski Nautique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Since we have a shortage going on, and Obama is letting these oil companies export so much of OUR overseas, what they need to do is is set a huge export tax on exporting overseas and that would bring these gas prices down considerablly. But he dont he give ***************. Its all about class warfare with this ***************et. He wants what you got.

You may have an unmarked bottle of Kool-aid in your fridge.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 6:20pm
The gas prices were the straw that broke the camels back pushing us into the great recession and when gas goes to 4.50 or so it's going to happen again. The "recovery" is just talk, like realtors saying the housing market is improving. All BS. Stock market will crash again, double dip coming soon.

Who can affect gas prices? US citizens by stopping buying gas. Who's going to stop buying gas? Not me. I'm going boating.
This is the life
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 7:40pm
Oil companies should have the right to sell oil products anywhere globally to maximize their profits. That's what a free economy is all about. If anybody doesn't like it, they should stop buying fuel, and switch to a mode of transportation or recreation that doesn't use oil.

Bill O'Reilly p*sses me off when he gets on his soap box and rants about how bad the oil companies are, and how the Barry Obama should call them into his office for a good scolding. When he does that, I think he is a "Pinhead", and definitely not a "Patriot".

The only thing that will bring down oil prices is to increase the global supply, and/or decrease demand. We could do things like, oh.....building more pipelines, and opening that beautiful artic tundra in Alaska and start drilling more of our own oil. Let's face it, we are addicted to oil (and coal), and that ain't going to change anytime soon. Someday the private market will find a solution to our oil woes, but, dumping government money into the Solyndra's of the world ain't gonna solve our problems.

Well, I am going out to the garage to fire up my algae-powered FE390 in my '68 F250 to see how she's running
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Sorry Lee but I have to disagree. Gasoline is a global comodity. We import oil and then refine it and export some gas back out. It helps our balance of trade, and gives us US based jobs. If we put in that big export tax it would hurt employment,(especially in Texas) and decrease the global gas supply thus increasing prices. Shame on you for promoting a big government fix .

Dave,

I know its a global commodity but maybe if federal would protect wee thee people like it suppose too and maybe use a export tax it drive the cost down. Or drill baby drill.. Dave you know by all means I didnt mean to promote a goverment fix. I said this because the goverment needs to be used correctly for WE THE PEOPLE. And the goverment needs to step in when these oil prices and profits are unfair to the consumer. But other than that, the goverment does not need to regulate nothing. Very little.

Greg, I dont understand what you meant by your comment.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 8:18pm
Sorry Lee, but I am with Mr.G, Who gets it as usual. Get the government out of the way and let the US use its own supply of oil , along with Canada's if they are willing to send it to us.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 9:36pm

Greg, I dont understand what you meant by your comment.

I bet Dave and his other brother David know.   

Andy called it.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

The gas prices were the straw that broke the camels back pushing us into the great recession and when gas goes to 4.50 or so it's going to happen again. The "recovery" is just talk, like realtors saying the housing market is improving. All BS. Stock market will crash again, double dip coming soon.

Who can affect gas prices? US citizens by stopping buying gas. Who's going to stop buying gas? Not me. I'm going boating.

I am with you on the double dip, but if reducing demand can reduce prices, why can't increasing the supply?
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:57pm
There is no free market when it comes to oil.. there is OPEC and they regulate the global supply, therefore the laws of supply and demand cannot set a price. If fact demand keeps going down and the price keeps going up.. not possible in a functioning market.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 11:01pm

Where at on average down here in dallas ft worth area, about 3.69-3.75 here for regular unleaded. I would suspect mid 4's for sure and before any of the obama idiots help us U.S. citizens.

Lee did you move?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 11:11pm
Joe, only if we let OPEC control the game, by not using our own resources. If we crank up our production and Canada's we can make OPEC a lesser player, they need the money just like anybody they could only bluff for so long.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 11:47pm

Joe, only if we let OPEC control the game, by not using our own resources. If we crank up our production and Canada's we can make OPEC a lesser player, they need the money just like anybody they could only bluff for so long.

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 11:52pm
If our house was truely in order, few would dare throw an egg at it.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 11:56pm
Fortunately for us, oil is still traded in dollars. Are we gonna screw that up too? Current indicators have us in a bayliner in big water.   
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 12:27am
And the American oil companies are so ready to give up profits for the good of the people...it won't matter how much drilling is allowed it ain't gonna lower the price. When you have a monopoly your greed gene kicks in bigtime. They always will come up with excuses...refinery fires, shut downs, the day ends in Y.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 12:55am
If that was true we would see a historical graph of gas prices only go up, and yet if you do a search you will wee some pretty wild swings up and down. They call it the LAW of supply and demand because it always applies. We just had the Saudi's reduce production and cost went up, increase production and it comes down, actually it is a little more complicated. We could stop saber rattling with Iran, develop a consistent foreign policy and energy policy that does not include some carbon tax crap, and ever increasing regulations, it all adds up to where we are now. It is commonly know the objective is to create high enough prices to make alternatives viable and it starts at the top. We may se a drop before the election, but if Obama gets another term, gs prices will soar.
1987 Ski Nautique

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 2:03am
There's like a 15% less demand for gas, so for 2011, gas is the #1 US export so there wont be too much on hand. Then they shut down two refineries in PA because there's a surplus and the price goes up again. Then they will make the "summer blend" gas and it will go up again. I just bought enough oil three days ago to change it in my four trucks twice each and the new boat. I figure oil will be jumping in the near future too.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 4:13am
raising gas prices? could it be Satan?

President Evil

President Evil 2
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 5:03am
Canada seems much more interested in being able to ship more oil to China not provide a source for the US to lessen it's reliance on OPEC.
There are existing pipelines running from Canada into Oklahoma already. Getting this Keystone XL built does not seem like it will do anything to lower our cost for gasoline just increase Canadas position as an oil superpower since they are wanting a piece of China's oil needs.
XL
This is the life
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 5:58am
Drill baby drill.

I remember that one from the last campaign.   Time for a new trick republiecons, that one wasn't bought last go round.

Isn't it all so familiar?

Turn this land into a waste land and run out of oil anyway. Yikes, clean water is next? That is unless, of course, you don't believe that would hurt our earth. Do you? Or the folks that have tap water that is flammable is natural?

That train is a bad idea now too? The two, as well as other oil conserving measures, should go hand in hand and with out discussing each is like a bridge to nowhere. What' drill to just get us by until the next paycheck? D a   m   , we will lose that battle if it comes down to money alone.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 9:54am
Andy. Canada is interested in selling their product,period.Their leaders know they can improve their economy but using their natural resources. They will happily sell to us or china. The Xl pipeline makes the process more efficient and means the oil gets refined by the US giving us the direct and ancillary jobs associated with the refining, and the profits from doing so come to us. Either way the oil goes onto the world market and will help gas prices. I believe the pipeline grows capacity faster.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 10:20am
Seth, When Barrack took office gas was $1.86 a gallon, it is up over 90% to 3.62 national average right now. You will here a lot more drill baby drill. The environmentalists have been telling us we only have a decade or two left of oil since 1910. (Remember the story of the boy who cried wolf?) I remember my junior high science teacher telling me we would run out of oil in 20 years and drinking water in 30. That was 35 years ago. Today we know we have at least 50 years of oil left. Your sides plan is to artificially drive up the costs of energy to create an environment where alternatives are competitive, and see how much oil we can leave in the ground. The higher energy costs associated with this policy and the increased regulations are both factors in jobs leaving this country. Meanwhile we are putting up eagle killing windmills, and blighting the landscape with solar collectors. Basically Europe's policy which Europe is now revisiting because they are broke and it hurts them. Why not use up the oil, coal, and natural gas while it is cheap and alternatives are still expensive? Then we can use the alternatives later when they have become cheap and reliable. This would allow us to compete for jobs with the rest of the world. Barrack said he would not raise taxes on the middle class, but when government policy increases costs for its citizens that is a tax, even if the IRS does not recognize it. We fight over a payroll tax reduction that saves me 80 dollars a month because we need to create jobs, but then we have an energy policy that costs me hundreds a month extra? We would all be further ahead if we had cheap energy and funded social security at its normal rate.

Our land and water are the cleanest they have been in a hundred years. the EPA has to keep lowering the bar on what is acceptable just to maintain a crisis to ensure their jobs. The environmental Scare tactics just do not pan out. Time for a new trick whacko left.
1987 Ski Nautique

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 10:48am

Does everyone accept this price? How much should gas cost and who can effect its price?

Good one! We don't have to accept it, just don't buy gas!! Or get your own oil company.

Kidding aside, we are pawns. Everything we need in our lives has a petroleum cost tied o it. Get ready for some high inflation. The Federal Reserve can't bail us out of this one . . .

We might be out in kayaks more often than our SN this summer.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Lee did you move?

I did.. getting settled back in up here in ft worth. Glad to be here again..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 5:59pm
Well good to hear! Now we can ski! Now, all you have to do is trade in all that burnt orange crap for some quality Sooner Style!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 26>
  Share Topic