Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 1:29pm
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 5:00pm
I am out of this thread. Sorry for the offensive and I offended anyone. Going to the boat side...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 7:28pm
Tim,
I'm workin on it. I'm satisfied with 47 since I don't foot any faster than that. It does get you there fast, fast, fast.

I think you guys know that a skiboat hull is limited by the shaft angle and at some point the power just drives the nose down, thats why throwing weight in the rear gives more speed.

This guy just got a brand spankin new Sanger with an indmar 6.0 and he's getting 53.4 at 5200, pretty cool header/cat exhaust on it.

This is the life
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 10:39am
Nice engine you have and great looking Sanger above. We've got an 03 Malibu Sportster with the stock 310 hp Indmar. It has good excelleration and tops out at 50 gps. About 4 or 5 years ago a NY Malibu dealer put together a Sportster with the 400 hp 383 Indmar. I was really interested in the boat. After he took delivery, I was surprised to hear him say that while it was faster and excelerated better than the stock boat, it was not nearly as fast as he thought it would be. Inboards and especally modern ski boats hit a their peak and after that you hit the point of deminishing returns. I bet your Sanger is much better for multiple barefooters though.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 4:35pm
Regular is $4.68 / gallon this morning at the station nearest my daughter in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 4:54pm
Wow! Just think how much safer Chicago area is now. It will be paradise when it hits $6.00
You should be calling your President to thank him 202-456-1111
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Wow! Just think how much safer Chicago area is now. It will be paradise when it hits $6.00
You should be calling your President to thank him 202-456-1111

Yea, the crime rate has been declining for the past 15 or so years. I don't expect that to change. It's still not quite paradise, but its "Sweet Home, Chicago". I don't see what this administration, the Bush administration or FDR has to do with either of those things.
Gas prices, they are what they are! This was just meant to be informative, not political.
After all it is getting close to the Memorial Day driving holiday, when gas prices are traditionally high.

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 5:50pm
So John, you didn't watch the video.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 6:00pm
prices here just dropped .05 back down to 4.20
This is the life
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 7:11pm

No, I didn't. All of the videos I like to watch are in the ski, ride, and foot topic. Some of you guys are really good! My Mustang will not be complete until it has a barefooter behind it again. Where am I going to find one?
My dream experience would be to loan it to the Skiing Skeeters for their annual reunion show. I would love to see it pull a show team of old timers. I would pay for the gas no matter how high it goes for a chance to see that. I don't know if it would be up to the task though. They use new boats most likely with big engines, and one old Hydrodyne with a big E-Tec.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

My Mustang will not be complete until it has a barefooter behind it again. Where am I going to find one?

John I would love to foot behind your Mustang. I can also dig out an old Joe Cash slalom ski and I think we even have a rooster tail slalom ski in the Ski Nautique somewhere. We can get Hollywood, Mike Valant and a few other guys and they can do a show behind your boat!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

My Mustang will not be complete until it has a barefooter behind it again. Where am I going to find one?

John I would love to foot behind your Mustang. I can also dig out an old Joe Cash slalom ski and I think we even have a rooster tail slalom ski in the Ski Nautique somewhere. We can get Hollywood, Mike Valant and a few other guys and they can do a show behind your boat!

That would be great! Would Lake Geneva work? My friend will undoubtedly let me use his cottage as a base. I picked up an old d*ck Pope last summer to go with the boat. I will bring it home next time I go north. I hope the Mustang will pull a barefooter. It will be a sad day when the old Mark Twain drives off behind someone else's car this spring, it's a lot of fun, but it will never be a good ski boat. It's time to move on and move up to a much newer boat. Good bye 1964, welcome to 1970!. I had to buy the Hawks to get the
D star ck Pope, it was an all or nothing deal.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 9:09pm
I like those Hawk ski's those are pretty cool. I think some friends of my parents had a pair, I remember them from when I was a kid. Nope, I don't want them.

Hmmm barefooting on Lake Geneva, is that even possible??? I am thinking something more along the lines of Lake Shagri La, its just north of Antioch and a lot smaller... Will the Mustang make 40 mph, that should be fast enough to foot.

That Mark Twain is actually a neat little boat. I really like that bubble windshield. (Any pictures of the Stang?)
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 12:40am

..........why would you do that in a topic titled "Gas prices"? It would be accused of seeing the world thru "Fox colored glasses"... or its Bushes fault.

I wish Pres O. would let me know how I am to pull an 18 foot enclosed trailer with a flex fuel van?

btw gas was 3.91 this morning .... 4.09 tonight on the way home. Cost 90 bucks to fill my truck.. AND ..it was just under half a tank to start with. This is starting to hurt....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:02am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

..........why would you do that in a topic titled "Gas prices"? It would be accused of seeing the world thru "Fox colored glasses"... or its Bushes fault.

I wish Pres O. would let me know how I am to pull an 18 foot enclosed trailer with a flex fuel van?

btw gas was 3.91 this morning .... 4.09 tonight on the way home. Cost 90 bucks to fill my truck.. AND ..it was just under half a tank to start with. This is starting to hurt....

OK, I watched the start of it. It looks like we agree, the president doesn't set the price of oil, the global market does.
Also, what difference does it make whether you run on E-85 or regular?

wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:17am
Paul Harvey explaining how he would destroy us [America] if he were Satan… in 1965!

“If I were the devil, I wouldn’t be happy until I had seized the ripest apple on the tree—Thee. So I’d set about however necessary to take over the United States. I’d subvert the churches first—I would begin with a campaign of whispers. With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve: “Do as you please.” “Do as you please.” To the young, I would whisper, “The Bible is a myth.” I would convince them that man created God instead of the other way around. I would confide that what is bad is good, and what is good is “square”. And the old, I would teach to pray. I would teach them to pray after me, ‘Our Father, which art in Washington…’

And then I’d get organized. I’d educate authors on how to lurid literature exciting, so that anything else would appear dull and uninteresting. I’d threaten TV with dirtier movies and vice versa. I’d pedal narcotics to whom I could. I’d sell alcohol to ladies and gentlemen of distinction. I’d tranquilize the rest with pills.

If I were the devil I’d soon have families that war with themselves, churches that war that themselves, and nations that war with themselves; until each in its turn was consumed. And with promises of higher ratings I’d have mesmerizing media fanning the flame. If I were the devil I would encourage schools to refine young intellects, and neglect to discipline emotions—just let those run wild, until before you knew it, you’d have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door.

Within a decade I’d have prisons overflowing, I’d have judges promoting REMOVEography—soon I could evict God from the courthouse, and then the schoolhouse, and then from the houses of Congress. And in His own churches I would substitute psychology for religion, and deify science. I would lure priests and pastors into misusing boys and girls, and church money. If I were the devil I’d make the symbols of Easter an egg and the symbol of Christmas a bottle.

If I were the devil I’d take from those, and who have, and give to those wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. What do you bet I could get whole states to promote gambling as the way to get rich? I would question against extremes and hard work, and Patriotism, and moral conduct. I would convince the young that marriage is old-fashioned, that swinging more fun, that what you see on the TV is the way to be. And thus I could undress you in public, and I could lure you into bed with diseases for which there is no cure. In other words, if I were to devil I’d keep on doing on what he’s doing. Paul Harvey, good day.”

Wake up people.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:27am
E85 in my 97 Chevy K30 aint gonna be in her diet. bad enough..We cant even get 100% gas anymore. everything with ethenol crap. (but thats another story)

I didnt like Obama's response towards the end of the video. Like its OUR fault for driving the big SUVs .... Big "monster"? trucks? Really? .. maybe I sould look for a diesel powered VW Rabbit with a trailer hitch...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:36am
So Paul Harvey is the devil?
This is the life
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:40am
Jack,....
1965 speech....that is scarey.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:42am
It is really funny that you would mention Paul Harvey. He lived on Park AV in River Forest, IL., about six blocks from where I grew up and lived until I was 18. He had a radio recording studio in his house and built an underground tunnel between his house and the one next door where I believe his son lived. He was a super major whack job. He insisted on running in the street even though there are sidewalks everywhere. He had many run ins with the police who tried to protect him. He insisted on running in traffic like some kind of deranged dog in the most in-flattering running suits. He was also a jerk to anyone who would offer a hello by refusing to acknowledge their greeting or existence.
Bottom line though, he was just a radio entertainer so he really didn't matter to any of us, and he didn't owe us anything.
You know my religious views and I don't see any point in debating them with you. I just thought you would like the story.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

So Paul Harvey is the devil?

No, just wanted you to know "the rest of the story"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:50am
This is the audio to the 1965 speech..

Wake up America!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:55am

E85 in my 97 Chevy K30 aint gonna be in her diet. bad enough..We cant even get 100% gas anymore. everything with ethenol crap. (but thats another story)

I didnt like Obama's response towards the end of the video. Like its OUR fault for driving the big SUVs .... Big "monster"? trucks? Really? .. maybe I sould look for a diesel powered VW Rabbit with a trailer hitch...

Here is a serious proposal for a serious problem.

"Here we have a serious problem: America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world,"
"Tonight, I announce the Advanced Energy Initiative -- a 22 percent increase in clean energy research at the Department of Energy, to push for breakthroughs in two vital areas," "To change how we power our homes and offices, we will invest more in zero-emission, coal-fired plants; revolutionary solar and wind technologies; and clean, safe nuclear energy.
"We will increase our research in better batteries for hybrid and electric cars, and in pollution-free cars that run on hydrogen. We will also fund additional research in cutting-edge methods of producing ethanol, not just from corn but from wood chips, stalks,or switch grass."
To produce the technicians that might bolster such energy research, he also called for a federal education initiative "to double the federal commitment to the most critical basic research programs in the physical sciences over the next 10 years."
"This funding will support the work of America's most creative minds as they explore promising areas such as nanotechnology, supercomputing, and alternative energy sources."
That commitment would also make "permanent the research and development tax credit, to encourage bolder private-sector investment in technology," he said.

George Bush, from his State of the Union address 2006. I don't believe the State of the Union address is copyrighted so I cut and pasted it here. You can read the whole speech on the interweb.

wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 9:31am

Jack,....
1965 speech....that is scarey.

Read "The Road We Are Traveling" by Stuart Chase. It lays out just how to take down the US. It is really scarey, especially since it was written in 1942. I'm sure it's just coincidence the title to O's latest movie is similar. The problem is, the similarities don't end there.

The book is out of print, but we found it in the library, it's only a 100 pages or so and a quick read.

$3.91 here yesterday for the cheapest ethanol blended crap, I'm sure it will be over $4 by the weekend.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 10:01am
Every other day the President flys to some part of the country to give a televised speech on how I should get rid of my truck to buy a prius and how I should switch to solar and wind and save all the oil. He uses a at least one maybe two jets a parade of suburbans, vans, cop cars and media vans to make this speech on how I should conserve and how he feels my pain.
Why can't he make that same speech from the Whitehouse and conserve all the fuel he wastes. What a hypocrite!
He may not be able to lower prices but he sure knows how to help raise them.
He says we are drilling more now than ever so why if he is so proud of that fact does he restrict any fed land drilling? He brags like it's working so good, then why not more.
He stopped a pipeline which has to be safer than transporting the same fuel by train.

Every move Obama makes is calculated by votes he will get vs votes he will loose. Until Nov he will be useless, after that, hopefully unemployed.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 11:46am
Have any of you watched either of the two documentaries on the presidential VC-25 747s. They are really good and allow the film makers access to the plane and crew during preparation for an African mission and the mission itsself. It is amazing, but not surprising what goes into these missions. Both VC-25s fly on every mission. The fleet includes several C17 transports loaded with refueling trucks to refill the presidential planes and carry helicopters, vehicles, and security. The refueling trucks are not needed for domestic flights. If you get a chance watch them. They come up from time to time on cable channels. One includes an unannounced flight to Iraq that Bush took to have Thanksgiving turkey with some of our troops. The pilot recounts a great story.
Maybe I am over the top on my love of aircraft, (I am visiting the Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton again this week end), but I think anyone would enjoy these documentaries.

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 12:12pm
John,
If you ever get the chance visit the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola Fl.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

John,
If you ever get the chance visit the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola Fl.

That is on my list. The Smithsonian and the Museum of flight in Everett WA. are very good as well. Mrs B. is worried that I will want to fly again. She says that is behind us and we're not going back. I miss it though.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 12:44pm
I also like the Dayton Air Museum, and while small the SAC museum in Omaha is good too. For small planes you can't beat EAA in oshkosh, very nice museum up there.

I just am in the process of finishing up my BFR (it was six years out of the cockpit). Let me know when you want to go, always looking for someone to ride along for that $100 hamburger...
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I also like the Dayton Air Museum, and while small the SAC museum in Omaha is good too. For small planes you can't beat EAA in oshkosh, very nice museum up there.

I just am in the process of finishing up my BFR (it was six years out of the cockpit). Let me know when you want to go, always looking for someone to ride along for that $100 hamburger...

I sold the Skyhawk in 2000 and have only been up a few times since. Once was in am Ercoupe. I had always wanted to fly one, and I thought I was interested in one at the time. Mrs B said no. I make Oshkosh most years, it is a treat.
We used to call it the $100 burger back then. I believe it would be the $300 burger now. Do you have a bird or rent? It would be nice to meet you some time.
BTW, I am going to try to hitch a ride, possibly on my way home from Dayton this week end, in a Luscombe Silvaire that a guy I know just bought. He lives in Nashville IN.
Good luck on the BFR, it's like riding a bike I'm told.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic