Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 11:57pm
GOP = God's Own Party

Speaking of citizens/peoples rights provided for in our Constitution where does it say "unless you are gay or female or other than white"??????????????
This is the life
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:14am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

I cannot think of any application were ethanol fuel is better?

I guess you are not a NASCAR or IRL fan. Ethanol is a much better racing fuel than gasoline and both organizations fuel their cars with it.
Almost everyone in my car club running more than 30# of boost at the track fuels with E85. It has higher octane, provides intake and fuel system cooling, and mixes with water, which allows water injection systems to function more effectively.
It is the bomb for race engines, and a little in your fuel works well. I agree with OMH that it is not a viable alternative for everyday transportation at this stage.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

GOP = God's Own Party

Speaking of citizens/peoples rights provided for in our Constitution where does it say "unless you are gay or female or other than white"??????????????

Up here GOP = Gullible Old People

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:36am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

He won't get it.....

I choose not to commment to lefft wing outfielders. Go to your gay rights meeting!! YOU DIG BOY!!!!

The revolution will not be televised
The revolution will not be right back after a message
About a whitetornado, white lightning, or white people.
You will not have to worry about a germ on your Bedroom,
a tiger in your tank, or the giant in your toilet bowl.
The revolution will not go better with Coke.
The revolution will not fight the germs that cause bad breath.
The revolution WILL put you in the driver's seat.
The revolution will not be televised,

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:50am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

He won't get it.....

I choose not to commment to lefft wing outfielders. Go to your gay rights meeting!! YOU DIG BOY!!!!

Yeah well, that’s just, ya know, like, your opinion, man

The revolution will not be televised
The revolution will not be right back after a message
About a whitetornado, white lightning, or white people.
You will not have to worry about a germ on your Bedroom,
a tiger in your tank, or the giant in your toilet bowl.
The revolution will not go better with Coke.
The revolution will not fight the germs that cause bad breath.
The revolution WILL put you in the driver's seat.
The revolution will not be televised,

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 1:01am
Ski's Mom's insurance went up $120 a month...Obama Care is not yet in place that's just the same ol same ol insurance company profiteering/capitalism.

Give ObamaCare a chance and see what it does or does not do, I've had a doctor tell me he looks forward to it, it will help people get better care cheaper so we'll all see because Obama will continue to be your President.   
This is the life
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 2:09am

He won't get it.....

Geez Ski, where did the gay comment come from? Did my post interrupt your p o r n viewing? I assume you were because of the sticky "m" and "f" keys in the above post. "Comment" has 2 "m"s and left has 1 "f". Or because I don't recall it coming up before your comment.

Not sure what a "dig boy" is, but if you were coming on to me, sorry that isn't any interest to me.   Your gaydar malfunctioned. The good news, over here on the left I won't hold it against you, in fact the left generally supports gay PEOPLE.

* * * * * If the best cut you can throw at me is to call me gay, congratulations, you just missed the "broad side of the barn" .

If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 2:26am

He won't get it.....

Hey wait a minute, I am a "left wing outfielder" and you commented to me. I am confused, do you comment to us left wingers or not? If I understand your comment the way it was written we won't be seeing much of you around these parts then, right?

I was wrong all along, you are in the right party. Keep up your adamant nonsensical ramblings, you are perfect fit.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 4:14am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Ski's Mom's insurance went up $120 a month...Obama Care is not yet in place that's just the same ol same ol insurance company profiteering/capitalism.

Give ObamaCare a chance and see what it does or does not do, I've had a doctor tell me he looks forward to it, it will help people get better care cheaper so we'll all see because Obama will continue to be your President.   

Andy Is this more of you have to pass it to see whats in it? Obama care may not be paying out any benefits yet but new insurance regulations associated with it have, including cover "kids " well into their 20's on parent policies and others, driving up costs and premiums, that is not capitalism that is government fascism.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 4:59am
Here's what I found in regard to that:

Dependents (children) will be permitted to remain on their parents' insurance plan until their 26th birthday,[51] and regulations implemented under the Act include dependents that no longer live with their parents, are not a dependent on a parent’s tax return, are no longer a student, or are married.

If I'm not mistaken it sounds like that would be beneficial to those dependents(children).

Do you own an insurance company?
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 5:14am
No, I have no doubt it benefits a twenty five year old "Child" but it is also government interference adding to the cost of a policy. We declare kids "adults"at 18, they graduate from college at 22, but we have to insure them to 26? Why, so they can spend a few years at an occupy protest complaining they cant get a job with there degree in social justice?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 5:40am
It says it will be permitted not required. So as usual you got your facts bassackwards.

Also, since not 1 republican voted for it I am positive it will benefit "the little guy".

Since you know so much about it you must have read it all and understand it in it's entirety-- Right? Obviously not.

I can see you don't even know when to use the word "their" or "there". Been speaking English long or just learning?
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 6:01am
It was a 2358 page bill, so no I do not claim to no it all, but I understood it when my health insurance plan sent me the notice saying that due to new rules expanding coverage they were raising my rates by $103 per month. You can tell the difference between their and there in "spoken" English? Lefty playbook tactic #204, go after a typo when you don't have the facts on your side.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 6:57am
That's not a typo, I would not point it out if it was just a typo.

Well there's "no" and "know" ya know? guess not. And yes you can tell in spoken English by the context whether it should be there or their. And weather or whether and to or too. I know it's complicated 4th and 5th grade stuff.

21 pages and you still have not provided any facts whatsoever.(only propaganda)

Republican tactic #1- talk alot and say nothing. Repeat over and over. Vote no.

So you have expanded coverage and it cost you more. Now maybe they will even cover you when you need to use the insurance. Sounds like capitalism. They have to make a profit you know.
This is the life
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:31am
these guys sure do want to look out for the insurance companies, u know the ones, the ones that dont need bailouts and the ones banks borrow from. if you have a pre-existing condition...good fcn luck
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:56am
I gotta laugh in protest, the company i am working for is doing work on a cargo ship, they are welding in stiffening bulkheads for a large cargo, that cargo is all of the old presses from the Chrysler plant here in Twinsburg, on their way to China. Twinsburg is now in an uproar because its pay to play time, school lunches going up, may even charge for a bus ride...the ones usually crying the hardest have a drive way full of Honda's or Toyota's
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:00pm
but, but, but, but they are made right here
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

No, I have no doubt it benefits a twenty five year old "Child" but it is also government interference adding to the cost of a policy. We declare kids "adults"at 18, they graduate from college at 22, but we have to insure them to 26? Why, so they can spend a few years at an occupy protest complaining they cant get a job with there degree in social justice?

They are now insured until 26 so they can get a good education. Learning doesn't stop at a BS.
You're out of your element.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:25pm
if them righties wanted the draft age to be 15...it surely would happen
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

if them righties wanted the draft age to be 15...it surely would happen

and the left would invite the enemy over to the Whitehouse for a cookout (at the taxpayers expense) and you are in invited if you bring a large large check made out to Obama Campaign fund.
Rev Bob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rev Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 1:16pm
The showmanship of the left vs right politic, is a puppet show. The hand selected pre-approved, Blackmailable, pre-paid puppets will give their performance, and neither will mention the same puppeteer has one hand in each puppet, and they do indeed protect the man behind the curtain.

It's all part and parcel of the looting of America. The stagecraft of D.C. is scripted, in reality there is no right or left, the Republican and Democratic parties are an illusion, merely role playing while on set. The actors are selected, bought, paid for, and owned by their superiors, not randomly elected by the general public as so many still believe. As FDR once said; "nothing in politics happens by accident". So, until the American people wake up and notice this fact, nothing will change, what a sorrowful shame for this fine country to meet it's demise in the hands of these "elected" traitors.

Given the fact US Federal Reserve is controlled by some 60 families who charge the US government/tax payers 3% on money that does not exist other than simply being invented on a computer screen. Do you really think these bosses wish the dept paid off?

The worlds private media companies have been consolidated from more than 170 down to 4 in the last 20 years, ensuring content and control to be 100%. Next time you look at a media editor of a major publication realize they have bosses to answer to, and a narrow company line to follow. They make certain you get all the news that's fit to print, even if much of it's fabrication needs to be created through "unnamed anonymous sources".
Cheers,
Rev Bob

"if it's gonna happen, it'll happen out there!"
~~~
My Dad always said; "Everything on your boat is either broken or about to be....and you just don't know about it yet".
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Rev Bob Rev Bob wrote:

The showmanship of the left vs right politic, is a puppet show. The hand selected pre-approved, Blackmailable, pre-paid puppets will give their performance, and neither will mention the same puppeteer has one hand in each puppet, and they do indeed protect the man behind the curtain.

It's all part and parcel of the looting of America. The stagecraft of D.C. is scripted, in reality there is no right or left, the Republican and Democratic parties are an illusion, merely role playing while on set. The actors are selected, bought, paid for, and owned by their superiors, not randomly elected by the general public as so many still believe. As FDR once said; "nothing in politics happens by accident". So, until the American people wake up and notice this fact, nothing will change, what a sorrowful shame for this fine country to meet it's demise in the hands of these "elected" traitors.

Given the fact US Federal Reserve is controlled by some 60 families who charge the US government/tax payers 3% on money that does not exist other than simply being invented on a computer screen. Do you really think these bosses wish the dept paid off?

The worlds private media companies have been consolidated from more than 170 down to 4 in the last 20 years, ensuring content and control to be 100%. Next time you look at a media editor of a major publication realize they have bosses to answer to, and a narrow company line to follow. They make certain you get all the news that's fit to print, even if much of it's fabrication needs to be created through "unnamed anonymous sources".

AGREED!

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 4:37pm
Ford has a new car that gets 65 miles per gallon.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_37/b4099060491065.htm
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 6:37pm
add that with hybrid technology and i would bet 85 mpg, it'll happen Tim, just depends how it gets marketed...i dont smell *************** out the back of my car because all of the diesel burns, gas hits 5 bucks a gallon, this car will be on evrybody's mind.....i thought i did hear that the casting plant here in Cleveland was tooling up to produce diesel blocks????
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 7:14pm
I am not fond of diesels for cars. I am not opposed to them though and I can understand why some people like them. The DPF makes them more service prone, and the Bluetec requires you to have a reservoir of chemicals on board for self cleaning. Although not as impractical in cold climates as they were in the past, they can still be difficult to start in cold weather. The fuel cost offsets the increase in mileage as well. On the other hand if you seldom have weather -0, they seem like a reasonable choice, and they seem to always go far on a tankfull with the MPG. Much of Europe doesn't have the extremely cold weather that we do in the north. I'll bet a lot of you have diesel P/Us and like them.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 8:18pm

Much of Europe doesn't have the extremely cold weather that we do in the north.

Much of Europe is colder than the continental United States. England is around the globe from Hudson Bay Canada. A couple hundred miles north of the U.P. of Michigan. Summer weather in Germany is similar to up state New York. Except rainy like Seattle.   

+1 for diesels NO reason for it to cost more than regular. Diesel is less than gas in Europe. Also drives up the price all consumer goods.    
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 8:42pm
I can't find the video I've seen before made in India. They are using these in India now, cars that run off compressed air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm8RCww3cUY&feature=related
Tim D
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Much of Europe doesn't have the extremely cold weather that we do in the north.

Much of Europe is colder than the continental United States. England is around the globe from Hudson Bay Canada. A couple hundred miles north of the U.P. of Michigan. Summer weather in Germany is similar to up state New York. Except rainy like Seattle.   

+1 for diesels NO reason for it to cost more than regular. Diesel is less than gas in Europe. Also drives up the price all consumer goods.    

Are you sure of that Waterdog? The information I have shows that a refinery can produce about 20 gallons of unleaded gasoline from a barrel of crude oil and about 10 gallons of low sulfur diesel. This can be shifted somewhat toward diesel and away from gasoline, but not to a great extent. I also believe that the larger differential is because we are not using as much gasoline we used to, but the diesel fuel for trucks, trains, and planes remains somewhat constant. I am not trying to argue, I just want a better understanding.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I can't find the video I've seen before made in India. They are using these in India now, cars that run off compressed air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm8RCww3cUY&feature=related

The compressed air car is a scam. There have been numerous offers for investors to "get in on the ground floor". It will never be efficient. I worked for Gardner Denver (GD) company as a service technician and salesman in the early 70s. GD was a big manufacturer of air motors powering everything from small tools to 150 ton drill rigs. They engineered both came type and piston type motors. The advantage of using an air motor was the convieince of operating on stationary shop air in a plant setting, orutilizing the on board air compressor required for rock drilling as motive power for the large drill the small rigs. There are many reasons air motors are not efficient including the energy required to compress the air, the heat gain during the compression cycle, the air volume loss due to the cooling of the gas as it is expelled into the atmosphere, and the enormous quantity of highly compressed air required to be on board to move the car as little as a couple of miles. Air motor technology has not changed much since the 70s.

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:35pm
So this video from the History channel is bull***************?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpxhlX4Ga0
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 26>
  Share Topic