NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Government Can !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:33am
your gonna shoot yourself in the eye with that thing
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:43am
Marty,your signature mentions camping. Your picture in the tub shows a little tent. Coincidence, I don't think so.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Its not so much not wanting to pay for the benefits although more than half of our society does not pay a thing towards them. Its more are we getting what we pay for. There are a lot of zeros in a trillion. I have a hard time seeing 3.83 trillion in benefit in 2011. I can have my cake, or I can eat it, or I can give it to the government and then have them give me one slice back, and tell me that is a good deal.

How do you pull out the tired old comment about half our society not paying a thing towards the benefits when that clearly only takes into account federal income taxes and is a stretch at that, when in the same thread as you listed a set of taxes that effects everyone in society.

Are those real taxes, in which case everyone really contributes or is federal income tax the only way to contribute and therefore those retirees who no longer make more than 20k or so a year are really just dregs on society?

Do you want to have your cake or eat it?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 4:06am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

[QUOTE=OverMyHead]

How do you pull out the tired old comment about half our society not paying a thing towards the benefits when that clearly only takes into account federal income taxes and is a stretch at that, when in the same thread as you listed a set of taxes that effects everyone in society.

Are those real taxes, in which case everyone really contributes or is federal income tax the only way to contribute and therefore those retirees who no longer make more than 20k or so a year are really just dregs on society?

Do you want to have your cake or eat it?

So if I shop at five stores, pay at four and shoplift at the fifth, I am still doing what I should?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 6:10am
Is it just me or does everyone think you don't make any sense?
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 10:53am
Dave, What if you buy a million dollar life insurance policy, pay the 52.00 bucks a month, and die in 2 months....do you still get the million?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 11:13am
Not me, I am dead.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 11:34am
Kind of a big price to pay to beat the system.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Is it just me or does everyone think you don't make any sense?

I could try typing slower.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 6:38pm
If typing slower will reduce mistakes like using no when you mean know or to when you mean too among other basic mistakes that undermine credibility and reader understanding.

Funny that the GOP's top guys plans will all (except for Paul) increase the deficit by trillions with Gingrich having the largest increase. Yes Ron Paul is the only one who has a plan that reduces the deficit.

Deficit spending may be the only way to pull the country out of the hole it's in. The tax breaks to the richest people and corporations have sure not created jobs like the GOP claims those tax breaks provide. That dog just don't hunt.   
This is the life
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 7:55pm
If deficit spending was the only way to get us out of the hole we are in, then by that standard unemployment would be zero, and the economy would be soaring. We have had three years of unprecedented deficit spending (with no end in sight by the way), and we are in a huge hole.

Also, not sure where you are getting info on the Republican candidates increasing deficit spending by trillions. Is that fact, or are you guessing at that because its a good liberal talking point? Do you have facts to back that up? Can you provide a link to provide documentation on that?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 7:59pm
How are Obama's Dogs Hunting? I am not impressed. I am not in agreement with all of the republican plans, but I believe they would be lesser of the evils. I don't think Obama's bait and switch plan to reduce corporate taxes but eliminate write offs increasing the actual collections by hundreds of billions, and raising dividend taxes from 15 to 40+ percent will help. I personally don't think we have the luxury of cutting taxes much more to stimulate the economy. We have already done that.We also cant hurt the fragile economy by raising them. What we need is to cut spending significantly. None of the republican top three are the fiscal conservatives they claim to be, but just wait till Obama stops worrying about re-election. Then his true colors will really show. You are right, I am not big on proof reading, too few hours in the day. At least my Mozilla browser gives me spell check but it is not bright enough to understand context.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 8:17pm
Let me help you to understand

Bee Article

Rivlin Explains

This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 8:24pm
I am sorry, but the Bee article starts with the premise that the budget cannot be erased without tax increases, which is a political position. If spending were reduced below income the budget deficit would decrease. Second it faults Romney for not listening to Obama's deficit panels recommendations. Even Obama will not listen to his panels recommendations, so what is the point?
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 8:46pm
Ditto Dave. Gotta run now, but, everything starts with the premise of "gotta have a revenue increase"....ie....tax increase. Give me Romney any day of the week vs. Obama's view of "decreasing" the deficit. I will take my chances even though the Sacremento Bee provides a very compelling narrative that the the Republicans have no idea what they are doing.

Obama decreasing the deficit
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 8:50pm
Here's the 50 pages the Bee article referenced from the non partisan US Budget Watch group they referred to where Rivlin is a member.

50 pages

The point(among others)is if deficit reduction is so important to the GOP why are they not supporting Ron Paul? Are they really just more interested in birth control and abortions?
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 8:58pm
Just like democrats different republicans have different pet objectives. you have to pick who closest supports your view point.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 10:57am
thats the beauty of politics Dave, they tell you what you want to hear, you mold it, shape it and end up believing it, they are selling....you are buying.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 11:00am
Some more than others, remember this sales pitch? Hope and Change.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 11:43am
One thing we can all agree on....
2012 - The best election money can buy!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 12:01pm
and i hate the fcn NY Yankees too
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

and i hate the fcn NY Yankees too
and other than hearing yourself talk, your point is?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 10:52am
he who has the most money wins?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic