Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bimini Top

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim G. View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bimini Top
    Posted: March-26-2004 at 3:35am
I have a 1980 Ski Nautique and I am having the hardest time trying to find a bimini top.

Another problem is that I am currently using a sky-high pylon. Does anyone know of a manufacture that already has the hole cut out? Or will I have to get a custom bimini / do the modifications on my own?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2004 at 10:11am
Jim, I have an 88' 2001 SN and also use a sklon ex-pole. I bought an aftermarket top for it from overtons and customized it myself. I placed the pivot points and eyelets for straps on the rope rub rail. I did not want any "extra" holes in the gel coat. Place them so that the rear of the top is 1/2" from the front of skylon. I split the seam in the front to allow the cable and strap for skylon to pass through then restitched/reinforced the seam where it splits. Has worked great for the 3 years that I've had the boat at all speeds and haven't had a single problem to date. This worked great for me but I'm sure their may be other ways to do it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2004 at 1:00am
I just finished a skylon for my Wildcat, and am going to make a clamp-on top, kind of like a center console, with no tie downs. Hope to have it done for the OH. reunion. I got my idea from an Overton's catalog, last year. but haven't seen one in there since.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic