NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baracks self assesment

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 10:52am
well seeing there are around 53,000 inmates in Ohio's penal system at an average cost of 60k apiece, i would bet 98% of them made under 15k a year before incarceration
last time i checked we were becoming a non producing nation and outsourcing about 90% of our goods
"the things you own will start to own you"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

IMHO it is just this level of apathy that has allowed the very few to control our government, and not be held responsible when they use it against the best interests of the country as a whole.   It is our government, our legislators, and our votes. All 300 million of us share the blame and benefit for what is done in our names. It is very easy to sit in an easy chair and complain about the state of affairs but not a whole lot want to do anything about it. I hear the same people that complain that lawmakers make too much money say that they would never run office. We want to condemn these people, but we make the jobs into something that only pays off for the dishonest or the independently wealthy. Then we complain when we end up with crooks and people who only serve the interests of the wealthy.   

Another annoyance of mine with the people of today is the complete lack of value we place on experience. We demonize those that have been around long enough to be wrong, see the results of their being wrong and learn not to be wrong in the future as being “career” politicians and “flip-floppers”.

Either America is exceptional because of its constitutional democracy or it isn’t. I don’t know how some hate the results of the democracy as laid out in the constitution but claim exceptionalism and to be constitutional originalists. Freedom isn’t free, get off your arses and do something about it, or shut the heck up. If the ability to vote for our representatives isn't what we love about america what was it that we loved again?

I loved the media response to Mitt say thing he liked to be able to fire people that provide him services… they wanted to talk about it being a symptom of him being out of touch and cruel.   I just thought he was making the point for government run healthcare… 95% of the insured in this country have no ability to “fire” their health care insurance provider as they are chosen by their employer. In a government run system those responsible for it are directly answerable to the electorate and can be fired every election cycle.

Self-governing is a serious responsibility.   These people are our representatives.. their vote is our vote. What they do, they do in our name and not just on the big hot button issues that define who is “conservative” and who is “liberal”. If you live in a district with moron’s and they elect a moron that moron still represents you. Call them, write them, go to dinner with them, lobby them… maybe one of you will teach the other something. If not run against them.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 12:58pm
Your local rep or senator might be the greatest guy but when they get all together they worry about the pqarty and the win more that the people. That's when everything falls apart. It is just a game with the no regaurd for the people in the stands. As for becoming one, I don't own a suit.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 2:14pm
there is no man on this earth immune to a hundred bill, look at it this way, what if one came to you and said legitmately, I have $100,000 in this briefcase and i want to purchase your boat...no we all look for monetary selfishness gains in life...me personally would say nah, but 90 will work lol.
its just the way things are, power and money equal corruption, come on really? Insider trading only privy to the ones with the money and their families? when your in a position to make a decision and you can benefit from it, your gonna go that route, people with money have a sense that they will lose that money as easy as they got it, they cherish it and want more of it. were the ones not use to having money
and we put trust into the ones that do....really at the end of the day, even this 400 page political discussion is about the almighty dollar.
thats why im always on taxing the rich bandwagon and letting them pay their fair share, you never hear me bickering about myself wanting to pay 10% in taxes, it would be nice but I follow the law...well lately though...cash is king, i just want to see the rich pay their fair share. i get a sense that many here feel sorry for the rich and i dont understand why. these rich we are talking about are the politicians we elect and they have the power to make others rich and we sacrifice. Madoff is a good example, he got caught and was used as an example, he's not the only one doing Ponzi's
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 3:20pm
what is their fair share?? and how do you decide who is rich??
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 3:47pm
anything over a million a year, 35%
Mi-Nick, what would you consider a prestigous occupation?
remeber one thing, the richest profession is from sales. allright, gave you a minute, a doctor that saves lives, not to many of them make a million a year. a man could easily make one sale and make more in that second than a doctor makes all year, easy come easy go

you decide in tax brackets and income
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 6:41pm
Your example was pure fantasy land. The same fantasy land polititions play in. The amounts are just numbers and mean noting to them.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

anything over a million a year, 35%
Mi-Nick, what would you consider a prestigous occupation?
remeber one thing, the richest profession is from sales. allright, gave you a minute, a doctor that saves lives, not to many of them make a million a year. a man could easily make one sale and make more in that second than a doctor makes all year, easy come easy go

you decide in tax brackets and income

do you think it's fair that many people pay $0 income tax yet receive benefits from the government?? I don't.

i would consider business owner to be a prestigious occupation. and as for sales and making tons of money quickly...I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to do that. most millionaires did not start out that way...they figured out how...again, I wish I was that smart...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 7:50pm
better take off the blinders there fella's, you guys want the rich to keep benefiting...paying for the poor is no fcn different than letting someone who took 300 million home and paying a 15% tax rate on that money, there is a 45 million dollar shortfall there....for the life of me i cant understand you guys sometimes...45fcn million dollars, and we wonder why the term deficit was created. i just dont get it, you wanna keep taking care of the rich in this country but not the poor. quit classifying the poor as people that are lazy, what kinda opportunity does one have living up in the Appalacian mountains? yes there are poor d*ck wipes but there are rich d*ck wipes too.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 10:49pm
Eric. You are a very glass half empty guy, the 300 million guy paid 45 million in taxes. I say thank you for doing way more than your share.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 9:58am
so he took home 255.millies, za za gabor couldnt burn through that money, its pay to play in the land of opportunity, not to many places in this world could you take a paycheck home like that...sht if God himself was on retainer he wouldnt bring a check home that large to Mount Sinai.
It seems me like you guys throw your hands up, do some reading on a real CEO of a large company, (Costco) and report back, thats the way things are supposed to be, not a gunslinging cowboy town where everything goes.
your re-buttle sucks on the 45 million, he should be paying 90 million in taxes on his personals,
percentage, not amount. do you understand the term burden?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 10:02am
if you do take home that kinda money, your robbing your company, no matter how you spin it, its stealing
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 10:41am

do you understand the term burden?

I know the top 40% who pay 90% of the taxes understand the term burden, Do you think bottom 40% sitting at home collecting checks have any understanding of the term?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 2:44pm
per dollar yes, not their percentage, 300 million is a long long long way away from this countries average income which is 26k per year, what your listing is not a burden, who would have more of a burden if the tax rate went up 10% on both levels? someone making the 26k will because they are living paycheck to paycheck, my god you can see inflation surpassed the average increase of income at 4% a year creating a deficit at home,
take away 10% from the rich bastard and he wont even flinch at the thought of it
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 4:11pm
Hey Overmyhead, I want to use your justification for lower tax rates for those with $1,000,000 incomes on my situation.

You know "The 300 million guy paid 45 million in taxes. I say thank you for doing way more than your share". statement

Please thank me for doing more than my share too.

Like a lot of you here on this site, I spend more per year on toys and vacations than the average income in the US. Because of that I pay more sales tax than most taxpayers.

I also pay much more in property tax than most people, I think that my tax burden should be reduced to 1/3 of rate that most people pay, and I deserve a big thank you for paying as much as I do. Think of the jobs my lower tax burden would create! It would give a huge boost to the economy. I could hire an additional caretaker for my lawn and my wife's gardens,
It is fair in the same way as the income tax burden. I would still be paying more in terms of dollars than most people do. Why should I have to pay so much? The "lazy bum" across the street from me who lost his home when his job as a research chemist was outsourced to India is just one of the freeloaders on the dole, driving our economy into the ground and paying no taxes at all. I think he should pay his fair share!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 4:56pm
when you say thank you for paying your share, they really are not paying their share, yes in volume they are but not the same percentage as me and you....that was the concept in 59 when the tax rate was 91% on personals, it encouraged you not to take home a 300 million, or for the time 10 million, if you change the laws people will still prosper no matter what.
in reality he is going by the tax laws and he snickers because they are tailored to the rich folk, made by the rich folk. the 91% was geared to re-invest back into your company and employ more people, the American way in 59, well we lost sight of the American business practices, its take the money and run
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 5:06pm

when you say thank you for paying your share, they really are not paying their share, yes in volume they are but not the same percentage as me and you....that was the concept in 59 when the tax rate was 91% on personals, it encouraged you not to take home a 300 million, or for the time 10 million, if you change the laws people will still prosper no matter what.
in reality he is going by the tax laws and he snickers because they are tailored to the rich folk, made by the rich folk. the 91% was geared to re-invest back into your company and employ more people, the American way in 59, well we lost sight of the American business practices, its take the money and run

Eric, In case you weren't aware, I was just being a smart alek. The argument I put forward is as absured as the one for lower taxes for those who have everything and still complain. I am not "rich" by any stretch, but and have no objection to paying my taxes. I am thankful every day of my life for what I have.

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 5:11pm
Eric and John hit it on the head, at least from my point of view.

Dave and others, I am also curious as to your answer to this question; Is there not something to be said for the idea that those who have benefited the most from our society (e.g. the "wealthy") should also pay a greater share in taxes? I don't think the Waltons of Walmart would be anywhere without all of the taxpayer funded roads, education, law enforcement, etc. that allows them to make their millions in the first place.

I'd also like to tip my hat to Joe at the top of the page. I too am sick of people complaining about the people WE (that is YOU and I) elect to office. As they say, "In a democracy people get the government they deserve..." A sobering thought in these troubled times.

Cheers!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 5:24pm
I was fully aware John, my point was geared to OMH,
I admire Jim Sinegal from Costco, 350k a year as CEO of Costco, with a 4% increase, these guys rape their companies, brutal rape in better terms, maybe deep down this is the point im aiming for, this guy is a true role model, probably not perfect but his ethics are right in line with business practice.
John, with that kinda money (big money) you dont have friends, you have aqaintances and you are always looking over your back, and when they bang the old lady, is it for the money or for you? not very good on the inside
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Hansel Hansel wrote:

Eric and John hit it on the head, at least from my point of view.

Dave and others, I am also curious as to your answer to this question; Is there not something to be said for the idea that those who have benefited the most from our society (e.g. the "wealthy") should also pay a greater share in taxes? I don't think the Waltons of Walmart would be anywhere without all of the taxpayer funded roads, education, law enforcement, etc. that allows them to make their millions in the first place.

Jamin, Good to see you back! I think I get labelled as being for the rich when in fact I am against more spending. The less we spend the less we would have to argue over who pays what. The president proposes we spend 3.7 trillion dollars in his new budget, that is a staggering amount of yours and my money. History shows that whenever the government gets more money they spend it and then some. I simply believe the money is better in the hands of those that earn it, and that when we re-distribute it we reward those that are not producing at a cost to those that do.

I am not suggesting that taxes should be like going to MacDonald's where everyone pays for what they consume, Although there is an argument to be made that that is truly "fair". Currently the top 1% pays 38 % of federal taxes, and the top 10% pays 70%, the bottom 50 percent pays nothing or are net receivers of government funds. So the rich are paying their fare share, and 50% of the population definitely are not because they pay nothing.

More importantly is what is good for the economy. I have yet to meet a guy on unemployment who gets his 800 dollar check and uses it to create a factory that employs hundreds of people. In most cases I have heard them say, great I can stay home for another week. However you tax a rich guy at 25 % on capital gains instead of 30% and he is likely to take his millions and look for opportunities with it. he might re-invest and help pay for businesses to grow or he might start his own business, and employ many. This is pretty simple stuff if you thing it through. what our government needs now is to get people back to work, not to pay for more of them to remain idle. when people work there is a multiplier effect, they pay taxes instead of receiving them, they spend what they earn,everything gets better. that is whay we need to stop burdening our businesses so that they will create jobs here in our country, not be chased away or scared into holding their money.

Flip your observation upside down. Where would the government be without the Waltons and the rest of the top 1% that pays 38% of the taxes.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Hey Overmyhead, I want to use your justification for lower tax rates for those with $1,000,000 incomes on my situation.

You know "The 300 million guy paid 45 million in taxes. I say thank you for doing way more than your share". statement

Please thank me for doing more than my share too.

Like a lot of you here on this site, I spend more per year on toys and vacations than the average income in the US. Because of that I pay more sales tax than most taxpayers.

I also pay much more in property tax than most people, I think that my tax burden should be reduced to 1/3 of rate that most people pay, and I deserve a big thank you for paying as much as I do. Think of the jobs my lower tax burden would create! It would give a huge boost to the economy. I could hire an additional caretaker for my lawn and my wife's gardens,
It is fair in the same way as the income tax burden. I would still be paying more in terms of dollars than most people do. Why should I have to pay so much? The "lazy bum" across the street from me who lost his home when his job as a research chemist was outsourced to India is just one of the freeloaders on the dole, driving our economy into the ground and paying no taxes at all. I think he should pay his fair share!

John Thank you for doing your share, you earned your money and you deserve to spend it on what you feel is best. If you think that is government spending feel free to send them and extra check, they will not turn it down. By spending you are boosting the economy in ways the government can not. A consumer will always make wiser choices than a bureaucrat. the money you spend gets into the economy much more directly and efficiently than the government ever could." The government taketh and the government pisseth away." I think your taxes should stay right where they are, same as I think they should for everyone else. The government has plenty for the necessities, it is just used to indulging itself instead, and the only way to stop it is to draw a line in the sand and say no more. I just don't see how it is right for the majority of a population to demand that it be supported by a minority. I thought we fought a civil war to stop that. The argument of who pays what is a distraction from the real problem that we spend to much, and it is driving our businesses offshore.

As for your neighbor if his income is zero than that should be his tax burden, but it sounds like he had a good job, and should have some resources to get through the tough times. He is likely sitting on his but because he is being paid for up to two years to do so at the expense of business by an order from the government. That means it will cost employers more in unemployment costs if they were to rehire him, making it cheaper for an employer to keep his job in India. He will likely get off his butt when the gravy train leaves the station. Unfortunately he and the government have shot him in the foot, and what he finds will likely be less lucrative than what he had.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:16pm
zuckerburg is coughing up 35% which eqautes to 2 billion, now thats a tax bill, i really would be pissed about Romney paying 15%, something is wrong there Dave
remember, that guy doesnt hoard his 800 bucks in a account, he goes out and spends it, they are taxed on the unemployment also, people come across hard times and thats what unemployment was set up for
last report Dave, people are going back to work, cycle over?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:21pm
sht, Dave the only reason work is going offshore is because of incentives, its cheaper because the laws are written that way
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:31pm
That’s right you earned your money and you should keep it.. pay no attention to the fact that your education and the education of those you work with and work for you enable you to make it. Pay no attention to the roads that allow you to get to your place of business, pay no attention to the epa that was needed to clean up the destruction to the environment caused by people acting only in their own interests and not considering the other millions dependent on that lake, river, gulf, etc. Have no guilt over feeding and clothing the soldiers that fought to provide your freedoms. You probably won’t need police to keep people from stealing your stuff, or a court system, or any of the benefits produced by government funded medical research, materials research or anything else. None of those things contributed to where you are, if you were born in the deserts of Africa surely you would have risen to the same heights. Bill gates, steve jobs, these men certainly didn’t need the infrastructure of America to change the world. That is your money, all yours that government didn’t do nuthin for ya… America provides you no special advantage worth paying your share for..   
What a world some live in…
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:42pm
Joe you are correct and we have plenty of money in what we currently collect to pay for all of those things, I noticed your list did not include yearly increases in wealth transfer, or earmarks. That is why our taxes collections are exceeded by our expenditures.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:43pm

sht, Dave the only reason work is going offshore is because of incentives, its cheaper because the laws are written that way

This is sooo 2003, the smart money has already started shipping work back to the US, don't you guys keep up with the times dont follow the lemmings
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Joe you are correct and we have plenty of money in what we currently collect to pay for all of those things, I noticed your list did not include yearly increases in wealth transfer, or earmarks. That is why our taxes collections are exceeded by our expenditures.

I didnt include them because things like welfare are such a miniscule part of the federal budget as to be trivial to the deficit and debt.

Your solution to decrease the major cost drivers like healthcare is to repeal the only meager efforts we have had to contain the costs of healthcare.. which would have the opposite effect.

Your numbers dont add up, and your history is severly misguided, and you use them to parrot one sided policies that would put us right back down the path to destroying the greatest country and society the earth has ever known by advocating a "return" to a "better" time except it never happened.

We are taking in an historically low amount of taxes as a percentage of the economy and you complain that taxes are historically high and the cause of our problems...

Arguements like this are destroying the republican party.. it is time to demand real solutions that have a chance of working for more than a small percentage of the top 1 percent of the country.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 8:27pm
sorry, the word is was....oh,and i forgot to mention my tag shopping too.....I was sitting at my daughters softball practice on Sunday, out of 8 guys wearing Nike's, i was the only one wearing New Balance, felt pretty good cause i know that some of my money stayed here to pay the unemployment bene's to the poor instead of China's under 13 working class lol
my buddies machine shop cant keep up in the last 6 months, thats my gauge to tell me that the economy is swinging
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 8:37pm

John Thank you for doing your share, you earned your money and you deserve to spend it on what you feel is best. If you think that is government spending feel free to send them and extra check, they will not turn it down. By spending you are boosting the economy in ways the government can not. A consumer will always make wiser choices than a bureaucrat. the money you spend gets into the economy much more directly and efficiently than the government ever could.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OMH, how is my spending helping the economy?
The majority of what I spend on vacations is spent in Canada visiting my daughter and her husband. It's a beautiful place and I always have a great time. I go there whenever I can. I won't buy more new cars, meals out, (well, maybe I will in Canada on vacation) or anything else if I retain more of my money. I have the same strategy as many others. Although I am not rich, I have everything I need. Any tax relief I get will show up at the bottom of a ledger sheet each month. Someday my 2 daughters may spend it, however with one living in Canada, it is unlikely to be spent here. In case you are not aware, those who are really rich will not change their purchasing or investment strategy because they now make $70,000,000 whereas they made $100,000,000 last year. Do you think they will buy 1,500 new Mercedes Benz autos? Oh yea, that money goes out of the country too. Maybe a fleet of 1,000 new Nautiques. You are drinking the Cool Aide.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 8:55pm
i dont think overspending is the problem, well maybe the get rich quick chasing towels maybe, for the most part it is lack of revenue, no one works no one pays taxes, i really think its a better system spending money within these walls, no matter who holds the card or who is spending it, cash flow stimulates, remember the 1000.00 bucks Bush gave away...it was supposedly to stimulate or spur the economy....thats what its about
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213>
  Share Topic