NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baracks self assesment

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 13>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baracks self assesment
    Posted: May-22-2012 at 8:05pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 2:56am
It's a cbo report it is online go right to the primary source... The number went down 5o billion since last year not up so nice prediction... And the whole deal still takes away from the deficit not adds but again that gets complicated ... You have already backed off 600 billion since yesterday's sky is falling post but you still keep trying to push it, turn off the savage and the fox... Your too smart and passionate to let them continually use you
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 2:31am
Joe, I first heard about the new report on the radio, I went to google to confirm. fox was the only source to give any numbers, or to report on the increased estimates. I found one other apology piece explaining why the estimates were changing, but again they offered no numbers. The rest of the media gave it a pass. Sorry I did not catch the year difference. Still the estimates are going up as I predicted, and I will predict again that they will continue to be revised higher, adding further to our deficit.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 2:17am
How do you feel about that source... Leading you to post garbage I wouldnt ever listen to them again. Ant it isn't 940 vs 1.1 as you can clearly understan he never said 940 for the years 2012-2022... so stop talking while you are just an unwitting dupe and not a liar.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2012 at 10:57pm
Actually Joe, I posted the source because I knew you would like to see it, so you could fact check it. Even at 1.1 trillion instead of 940 billion that is 12% above the original sales job (and climbing), and adds another 160 billion to our deficit. The early years are also deceiving due to the fact that the taxes kick in years before any benefits are paid out, going out another year or two shows a more accurate portrayal of how devastating this will be to our national budget. Here is another way to look at it. Enron deceived its investors at a cost of 60 billion and the CEO went to jail, what will happen to our "CEO" for taking its "Investors" for 160 billion? Maybe he is improving the economy by hiring some out of work Arthur Anderson accounts to do the Obamacare books. . And how does the cost climb and those covered decrease? Love that big government efficiency.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2012 at 10:13pm
Once again Dave gets sucked in by fake news sources and reposts the stuff on the internet like it is a fact.. it fits his world view so he doesnt fact check it.. cause he just couldnt wait to gloat about it. Sad part is other people read it and think it is true and never come back to see it is simply and truely wrong.

From the actual CBO report..

"CBO and JCT now estimate that the insurance coverage provisions of the ACA will have a net cost of just under $1.1 trillion over the 2012–2021 period—about $50 billion less than the agencies’ March 2011 estimate for that 10-year period"

In Short the costs havent risen from 900 billion to 1.76 trillion.   That is an apples of hand grenades comparison of the net cost of the years 2010 to 2020 (originally estimated at 900 million) to the gross cost of years 2012 through 2022. Only a very biased source trying to support predefined views would put together such a comparison.

If you really wanted to compare the net cost estimates of 2010-2020 to the net cost estimates of 2012-2022 then you would be comparing the original 940 billion estimates to just under 1.1 trillion which wouldnt shock anyone (besides the fact that it is down 50 billion from last year due to lower health care usage rates in the last two years). However because the current estimate covers a ten year period that is two years later in time and we knew the effects of the bill wouldnt be phased in between 2010 and 2012 anyway it would be a stretch to make even that much closer comparison. There is no legitimate reason to round down the 940 million net number from two years ago and put it in the same sentence as the 1.76 gross number from this year, except to purposefully mislead your audience.

None of this actually covers the effect of the legislation on the deficit.. which would of course show that the spending in the Affordable Care Act is actually lower than the projected healthcare spending by the federal government would have been without its reforms. Which was at last count a hundred billion dollars over ten years.

Now the news is not all good from the cbo this year as it seems that 2 million fewer people than previously estimated would not be saved from a life of no insurance by this bill but conservatives should actually be happy about that.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2012 at 3:01am
The Congressional Budget Office has extended its cost estimates for President Obama's health care law out to 2022, taking in more years of full implementation, and showing that the bill is substantially more expensive -- twice as much as the original $900 billion price tag.

In a largely overlooked segment of the CBO's update to the budget outlook released Tuesday, the independent arm of Congress found that the bill will cost $1.76 trillion between now and 2022.

That only counts the cost of coverage, not implementation costs and other changes.

"The bill spends more than the president promised, it covers fewer people -- probably 2 million fewer people -- and it taxes more than was expected," said Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee.

The first estimates of the cost of the health care bill included three years before the bill even took effect, so there was little or no spending, making the full 10 years look less expensive. Sessions notes that the $1.76 trillion estimate includes only the costs of coverage, not implementation and other costs. He argues that all those drive the price up even further over the first full 10 years of the law.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/14/cbo-health-law-estimate-shows-much-higher-spending-beyond-first-10-years/#ixzz1p9dznpyC
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 11:53pm
WOW, that plan for the economy has really grown legs! My retirement investments have recovered and grown. A nice development after the dismal 8 years when I was really worried.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 11:43pm
Come on Dave the rightwing noise factory tried this fake bombshell last year at the same time it is still moronic Propaganda and won't stick this year either so don't get your hopes up. None of us could afford you being right about this stuff luckily you never are...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 11:05pm
I was saying at the time of Of the votes on Obama care that it would add to the deficit, ant the real costs would climb just like medicare has. Well today the CBO came up with their revised cost estimate. Remember Barack said it would be budget neutral at 940 billion for the first decade. The new projected cost is 1.76 trillion for the first decade, nearly double and climbing before it is even initiated. That is 840 billion going onto the deficit. The inflation rate of medical care that we could not afford as a nation is now increasing instead of decreasing. We were sold a bill of goods by a fraudulent trickster. Wish I would have been wrong on this one, I just cannot afford myself being right anymore.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2012 at 6:02am
If you have any doubt that we are spending way to much on a government that is intruding where they don't belong read this.

Government confiscates preschoolers lunch

We are now paying with our tax dollars government food Nazis too go through preschoolers lunch boxes. This was not a lunch of chocolate cake and a coke, the lunch was a turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, apple juice and some chips. Without parental consent they replaced it and charged the parents for a lunch of chicken nuggets. Can there really be much nutritional difference. My guess is the turkey sandwich was healthier. For this we need to tax the job creators more? No thank you. We need to stop this crap before we make additional demands on anyone.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2012 at 5:41am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Dave... whereever you get your information from stop - they are not doing you any good as every "fact" you post ain't one.

The presidents 2013 budget does not increase the deficit over 2012, it lowers it 400 billion dollars.

The projected increase in government revenue is not due to increased tax rates but rather economic growth increasing revenue as it has been known to do. Obama so far has been a failure in doing what the country in overwhelming numbers elected him to do - raise taxes. That is the big campaign process he has failed to produce on. Of course he could not have predicted citizens united would allow a very few misguided people in the country to have such a pervasive voice that they could make up a "movement" and put people in congress that would rather destroy the economy than allow failed tax cuts to be sunsetted.

We spend more on paying interest on Bush's debt than we do on unemployment every year.

That transportation money you decry that is going to light rail is an order of magnitude smaller than the amount government subsides the fossil fuels that go into your truck.. so dont feel so left out.

All the benefits you espouse of the 15% tax rate on investments would be there if you made that rate only apply to the first 250k or so and rise from there... like obama is proposing so apparently you agree with his solution?

We played for the last 10 years on the credit card, wars, tax cuts, big times... someone needs to pay for it. Makes sense to me that it be those who benefitted from the last 10 years and not the next 10 generations.

Sorry Joe, but I stand by my facts, just because you do not like them does not make them wrong. I was talking 2011 numbers vs. 2012. (Now that we finally have some.) The deficit increases from 1.3 trillion to 1.327 trillion.

My comment on revenue increase did not suggest a reason, only the projected increase, and that there is an increase in revenue, so it is not a cut in revenue causing the deficit. it is projected to rise, just not as fast as spending.

Concerning interest on debt, bushes 8 year debt was about 2.5 trillion, Obama's first 4 years will be 4 trillion, why are you only concerned about the interest on bushes debt? I am worried about both. That's why we need to curb spending now.

Government is a net receiver from fossil fuel taxes, there have historically been reduced rates to encourage energy production, because fuels are the lubricant of our economic engine. I always understood a subsidy to be giving someone money which is not the case. When I get a tax return which is percentage of what I pay in, is that a subsidy? when the big mack is on sale is that a subsidy? I don't see it that way. I do see fuel prices up by 60% +, which is an effective tax on me based on Obama's energy policy.

The transportation bill is expanding to include not only money to build light rail but also to subsidize (yes give money to) its operations. along with a $10,000 government tax credit to try to get people too buy Obama s government motors volt that no one wants. That yours and my money just so he can say what a good job he did turning around the car industry. I could sell a lot of floors if the givernment would plunk down a few grand a piece for each. Why do I have to pay for the government to pick winners and losers?

All of the benefits of the 15% tax rate would still apply to those under 250,000 if a cut off was in place, but they would no longer apply to those above which would change investment habits, likely driving down stock prices for those in the 250,000 under group, so I do not agree. It is wrong to impose additional burdens to any given minority group.

The government played for the last 10 years on credit cards, let them make some cuts to pay for it. While collections have hovered between 2.1 and 2.5 trillion for the last ten years, the federal budget doubled from 1.8 trillion in 2000 to 3.6 trillion in 2010. That is doubled in ten years. Spending is very obviously the problem. Arguing about who pays for taxes is like re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic. We need to plug the leak first, then when we know we can stay afloat we can talk about how we will pay for the damage.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 11:32pm
This is like Ground Hog Day! Same points over and over, and I am more guilty than anybody. Everybody is entrenched in their own position, and nobody is convincing anybody of anything. Great sport though.

Arguing conservative points here is like banging your head against the wall. I will argue my conservative points at the ballot box in November. Thats the only place the lefties will learn. Just like the shellacking Obama took in November-2010. He is still trying to promote the liberal agenda, but, thank god the Republicans won Congress to get in the way of his agenda. We need to do better still though to get him out.

Now he wants to give every one in America free contreceptives. Whats next, a free car for everyone? Thats what this country needs. More free sh#t for everyone. More free sh#t we don't have the money for. In fact, we don't have any money period.   
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 9:59pm
True but I never said anything about breaking the law. Come on rich people don't want to pay anymore in taxes than the rest of us. They will donate , invest, etc. to save paying uncle sam.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 9:26pm
it is very possible that you righties cant come up with a canidate, vote wise, so, you may just get Obama for another 4...maybe, its an evil plot that is supposed to end up this way.
you only got 2 feet to shoot
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 9:23pm
dockhockey.........but........they wont break the law, they sign their name to those returns,
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 9:21pm
you guys crackin 250k a year, just wondering, usually the republican party only benifits the 250k a year crowd
and interestingly enough, i could be mudslinging, but, after Carter left office and the actor that took over, the employment rate dropped...I dont know if this is true, but, how he dropped the unemployment rate overnight was by diluting the system with the armed forces members including them in the numbers...would this happen to be true? anyone?
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 7:10pm

He must not be hiding it very well, you seem to know all about it. It is your responsibility to relate the details to the IRS. Maybe you could share them with us as well.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's under his bed
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 4:39pm
KOOL AID    Get yours here!!!!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 11:51am
Dave... whereever you get your information from stop - they are not doing you any good as every "fact" you post ain't one.

The presidents 2013 budget does not increase the deficit over 2012, it lowers it 400 billion dollars.

The projected increase in government revenue is not due to increased tax rates but rather economic growth increasing revenue as it has been known to do. Obama so far has been a failure in doing what the country in overwhelming numbers elected him to do - raise taxes. That is the big campaign process he has failed to produce on. Of course he could not have predicted citizens united would allow a very few misguided people in the country to have such a pervasive voice that they could make up a "movement" and put people in congress that would rather destroy the economy than allow failed tax cuts to be sunsetted.

We spend more on paying interest on Bush's debt than we do on unemployment every year.

That transportation money you decry that is going to light rail is an order of magnitude smaller than the amount government subsides the fossil fuels that go into your truck.. so dont feel so left out.

All the benefits you espouse of the 15% tax rate on investments would be there if you made that rate only apply to the first 250k or so and rise from there... like obama is proposing so apparently you agree with his solution?

We played for the last 10 years on the credit card, wars, tax cuts, big times... someone needs to pay for it. Makes sense to me that it be those who benefitted from the last 10 years and not the next 10 generations.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

explain this to me because im having a hard time understanding this, you have a dot com guy who will be paying a 35% tax rate which eqauls 2 billion, to put 2 billion in perspective, it will buy an up to date aircraft carrier or a BI bomber, but, on the other hand you gotta guy running for president who is not a dot com. guy that pays a 15% tax rate? now in my eyes, that 2 billion is put towards your so called the "rich" pay all of the taxes in volume. why is it that Romney is under the 15% curtain in taxation?
Zucker aint runnin for the hills, he does his deed and pays his taxes, this money these guys accumulate come from me and you in everyday business, in some strange way you could call it a tax, but its not, we are feeding these guys and they are taxed on it, thats how the system works and was designed to work...but what still gets me is the 15%

I see it the same way I picture the design of the Pontiac Aztec went. One guy designed the front end , another the back, each has merit on its own, but they don't necessarily look right when hooked together. But what do you expect from government.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

Anybody making lets just say over 25 million a year is going to have the best tax attorneys / accountants doing everything they can to hide money from taxation no matter what their tax % is. Don't let Zucker fool ya he's hiding plenty !

He must not be hiding it very well, you seem to know all about it. It is your responsibility to relate the details to the IRS. Maybe you could share them with us as well.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 11:21am

explain this to me because im having a hard time understanding this, you have a dot com guy who will be paying a 35% tax rate which eqauls 2 billion, to put 2 billion in perspective, it will buy an up to date aircraft carrier or a BI bomber, but, on the other hand you gotta guy running for president who is not a dot com. guy that pays a 15% tax rate? now in my eyes, that 2 billion is put towards your so called the "rich" pay all of the taxes in volume. why is it that Romney is under the 15% curtain in taxation?
Zucker aint runnin for the hills, he does his deed and pays his taxes, this money these guys accumulate come from me and you in everyday business, in some strange way you could call it a tax, but its not, we are feeding these guys and they are taxed on it, thats how the system works and was designed to work...but what still gets me is the 15%

Eric, The 15% is not just for the rich, but every retired person trying to sustain themselves by divesting their investments, businesses that need funding through stock sales, governments that need funding through bond sales. Then you have to factor in human behavior. The government has to set a tax policy that finds some kind of balance that maximizes their income, and achieves their economic goals. Tax to high and you discourage the activity that generates income for some and investment capital for others, and you discourage people saving for their future and you end up with all of them on welfare after retirement.

Why is a drum of motor oil cheaper per quart than a case of oil which is cheaper than buying an individual quart? Its not a rich thing, very few billionaires are running service stations or changing their own oil, its about costs involved, competition in different market segments, and making the most total profit, which means finding the highest price that does not chase customers off to competing products. sometimes you can bring in more by charging less but increasing volume.
1987 Ski Nautique

dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 10:01am
Anybody making lets just say over 25 million a year is going to have the best tax attorneys / accountants doing everything they can to hide money from taxation no matter what their tax % is. Don't let Zucker fool ya he's hiding plenty !
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 8:50am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 3:21am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Yeah, read the budget, it is no secret. It is larger than the last, surprise. Not really, it almost always is bigger than the last year, for all budgets.

Lots of new spending on infrastructure too. That helps you get that wood for the floors you put down to the job site, and gets the "$800" a week unemployment checks to stop. Too bad the max per week is $363.00, still spinning?

It might be hard to stop this train from rolling through.

Just cutting the spending is just half of the problem. You need to raise the income as well and why you continue to stump for the richies while you cannot spend like you used to amazes me. They have the money, but they are not putting the wood down to help you. Get another second job to put more floors down when they are not spending it?

I give you credit, being on your knees is tough stuff. I couldn't do it, and props to you. I was a mason for years before joining the Marines, and I can almost feel that pain right now.

By the way the war spending is not over, and it costs more each year, even with less troops for less "work".

One thing I'd like to hear, how much more should we tax those getting the unemployment checks and at the bottom of the income? By the way, unemployment is insurance and it is taxed too.

Seth, the budget getting bigger each year makes my point about the spending problem, even when we are broke we grow government at the expense of the private sector and our children.

Sadly in my state the transportation money is mostly going to light rail, Have you ever tried to get a pickup load of tools in one of those things before the doors close, and then they don't go within ten blocks of where I am working. The jobs are going to the commercial union guys who had not really slowed much, it is doing nothing for the housing industry.

The rich are the only ones spending on floors right now. Construction is on sale and it is the only place they can spend with any predictability. I have worked on about one starter home a year for the last three, but I have worked on a ton of million to multimillion dollar homes. Thank God for trickle down economics.

We should not be taxing the unemployed, nor should we be paying them for 2 years to be idle. The mandate by the federal government to pay out for 2 years instead of 9 weeks has driven my employers "insurance" costs from .8% of payroll to 8%, that is over 7% increase on the cost of current labor and new hires. Business has so much of their resources tied up paying people not to work that they cannot afford to hire people to work. This is one of the many reasons that the recovery is so slow. Thanks big government.
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 2:59am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Eric,
Who pays all the taxes in America?? Who has the jobs, it is not the poor, it is the rich!!?? Believe it or not small business owners that make a million in revenue and do greatness for communties and hiring giving to others. You keep taxing the rich, they can not help the middle class or poor. This ponsizi scheme of increase taxes and keep borrowing money dont work. The rich run this country and not the goverment,and when they do well, they hire people, and everyone prospers.

Little do you know, you have just spelled out the truth, just not in the way you had hoped.

FAIL.   

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 2:55am
Yeah, read the budget, it is no secret. It is larger than the last, surprise. Not really, it almost always is bigger than the last year, for all budgets.

Lots of new spending on infrastructure too. That helps you get that wood for the floors you put down to the job site, and gets the "$800" a week unemployment checks to stop. Too bad the max per week is $363.00, still spinning?

It might be hard to stop this train from rolling through.

Just cutting the spending is just half of the problem. You need to raise the income as well and why you continue to stump for the richies while you cannot spend like you used to amazes me. They have the money, but they are not putting the wood down to help you. Get another second job to put more floors down when they are not spending it?

I give you credit, being on your knees is tough stuff. I couldn't do it, and props to you. I was a mason for years before joining the Marines, and I can almost feel that pain right now.

By the way the war spending is not over, and it costs more each year, even with less troops for less "work".

One thing I'd like to hear, how much more should we tax those getting the unemployment checks and at the bottom of the income? By the way, unemployment is insurance and it is taxed too.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 12:30am

i dont think overspending is the problem, well maybe the get rich quick chasing towels maybe, for the most part it is lack of revenue, no one works no one pays taxes, i really think its a better system spending money within these walls, no matter who holds the card or who is spending it, cash flow stimulates, remember the 1000.00 bucks Bush gave away...it was supposedly to stimulate or spur the economy....thats what its about

Eric, if you do the math you will see it is a spending problem. Federal revenue in 2011 was 2.3 trillion, It is projected to be 2.5 trillion in 2012, that is an 8% increase. (More than I am getting this year). Obama's budget includes cuts to the military and reduced costs from ending the war in Iraq and winding down the war in Afghanistan (what you have always said caused our deficit). So we should be ahead from increased collections and lowered costs, but his projected budget deficit for this year is larger than last, which has to mean lots of new spending. Our presidents deficit reduction plan has our deficit growing from 16 trillion to 22 trillion in the next 10 years. This is his version of a good idea and strong leadership. He has to either be hell bent on destroying the country and turning it into another Greece, or he remains totally naive about economics. Ether way he does not belong in the Oval office.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 10:11pm
When they do well, they take the money and run
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 13>
  Share Topic