Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Replacement
    Posted: August-19-2005 at 11:23am
reid, I am in Tallahassee, about 3 1/2 hours north of Orlando e me at:
toddoneal@firstcomm.net
NO LONGER A MEMBER
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2005 at 1:50am
Mack,
Where are you in FLA? I've got a business partner who travels to the Orlando area from NC about once a month with an F-250 and I've got several rebuildable 302 RR short or long blocks, which were running take-outs. I've got a 260 also if anyone is interested.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 6:58pm
Got any idea what killed it? Will it at least turn orver by hand? I am looking for a rebuildable short block, but the freight to Florida would kill me! Unless Jim travels here as well!
NO LONGER A MEMBER
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 12:42pm
Ty, I woke up this morning and realized $350 is way too much for a "dead" engine of unknown condition that could very well be junk. That is about what a used running engine should cost, imho.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
ty View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 8:48pm
its a native Alvin boat so I know ther is no freeze problems to it
Ty View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 8:47pm
350 bucks carb and all I dont anything other than its all there pump s carb alternater it came out of my shamrock and I will put it in yr truck
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 12:08am
Ty, I'm right outside of Houston. (I boat on Chocolate Bayou near Alvin.) I will haul off the 302 RH drive engine. Name your price for a "dead" engine. I travel in my work so it may be a few weeks before I can pick it up. Do you have a way to load it into the back of a pickup? I am in no hurry so we can do this at your leisure. It will be a spare engine for me to rebuild at some time in the future. Let me know when you are ready. jim@drivesys.com
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2005 at 5:24pm
My '77 Martinique is running a LH (Rotation) engine ever since I purchased it back in '89. I am almost certain that the factory setup should have benn RH. The boat rides and handles fine. The only real issue is with sharp and fast starboard turns as the boat tends to roll significantly due to the LH prop and RH driver.
ty View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2005 at 3:55pm
Montgomery Texas I havnt got in to it yet but the previous owner said he thought the heads had some sticky valves Iam going to investagate it more but if its real bad Iam going to get rid of this one and another 302 LHR they will be cheap
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2005 at 2:30pm
When you say dead...what is dead? I may have interest in the engine if you decide to put something else in...depending on what dead means.
Where are you located?
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

ty3724 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ty3724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2005 at 12:16pm
I just bought a Ski Tigue with a dead 302 RHR I have othe inboard ski boats and another correct craft it is also a RHR has any one replaced the RHR with a standard LHR engine and how dose the boat run and ride ? The reason I ask is I have a 228 hp Mercruiser Inboard engine and tranny ready to go but I need to know if the boat will handle as good with the LHR motor. Thanks Ty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic