Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Engine Trouble...Possible miss or vacuum issue...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Trouble...Possible miss or vacuum issue...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Trouble...Possible miss or vacuum issue...
    Posted: July-09-2011 at 12:01pm
lack of fuel, first thought, some type of restriction on the suction side, possibly kinked fuel line, clogged anti-siphon, good places initially to start looking....fck, i rebuilt a carb a couple weeks ago and the guy is back....only squirting gas on one side....clogged up again....lotts a problems with gasoline nowadays
the ethanol in the fuels are acting as a cleanser and breaking years of crud loose, finding alot of black soot in the filters because the older hoses are breaking down
"the things you own will start to own you"
83Antique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83Antique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2011 at 3:05am
Hi everyone, I'm a noob on here and my dad and I are having a huge problem with our 82 Nautique (don't let the screen name fool you, typo). So the boat starts relatively easy, but that's where our trouble begins. When we go to hit it, it 'bogs down' as my dad says and stutters or misses, and usually just dies. We're now realizing our mechanic is awful, he's put in a impeller, new carburetor, and new points and condenser. Everytime he 'fixes' something it gets a little worse. I think I've convinced my dad to stop going there, but now we need to start looking in the right direction. I'm leaning towards vacuum leak, or maybe miss fire. Anyone with experience here with this sort of issue would be of great use. Thanks in advance for the help. Feel free to ask any questions, but I'll warn you I'm no mechanic of any sort.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic