Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Been a tough year so far.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 12:59pm
Mike,
So glad to read that all is going well!
Tell her to take care of that gift and stay on the strong and healthy track!
My sister-in-law was lucky enough to get that gift quite a few years ago - Didn't take care of herself and had it fail. The 2nd time around, my wife was able to be the donar. It's been about six years now, but still not so sure she learned her lesson.
Anyways,
Convince her to believe in her doctors, their med plans (not always easy) and supplement that with the healthiest lifestyle she can find!
All the best to you and yours!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 3:57pm
Wow , what a ride. Anyway, thanks again for all the support.

Bri89 did you get my email?

Nauti, i hear what your saying about the meds. The pre screening process for the transplant had the doctors repeatedly asking the donor (my wifes aunt) if they thought that we would be vigilant in making sure my daughter took care of herself after surgery and in regard to taking meds. I guess kids have a tendency to feel so good after, that they forget they are sick and dont take the anti rejection drugs. They made it clear that if there was any doubt about our ability to monitor this that they would not due the transplant. They never asked us that question, they only asked the people around us that were involved in the process.

So, we're sitting here at the hospital and one staff person after another is coming in to wish us the best and say goodbye. Mya is dressed in street clothes and soon as the meds arrive from the pharmacy, we're going home. Still can't believe it. 8 days door to door. Modern medicine is remarkable, and the docs here are absolutely unbelievable.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 4:19pm
Mike, yes I did. Are you heading back today? I just got back into town last night. No problem on the offer. Hopefully we can connect next time you are back in town, and hopefully for recreation this time. Glad to hear that things are looking good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic