Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Y pipe exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Y pipe exhaust
    Posted: April-21-2011 at 12:27am
pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 8:20am
Phil - The inverta-flow muffler can be fixed with Epoxy resin & cloth, just like the hull. Same repair procedure - grind out the crack into a v shape & add several layers that increase in perimeter size.

Several guys have changed from the inverta-flow to to straight pipes. TRBenj was one of them:

Pipes

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 2:35pm
I'm thinking about getting rid of the inverta-flo on my '95 and go with a 2 into 1 set up.(mainly to get it out of the way for maintenance and cleaning under the box)
But before I can I need to find a decent in-line muffler for it. Anyone know of a small but effective in-line???
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 8:51pm
Is there a picture of someone taking out the inverta flow muffler and still keeping the single exhaust out the rear ?
pmccook1

Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by pmccook1 pmccook1 wrote:

Is there a picture of someone taking out the inverta flow muffler and still keeping the single exhaust out the rear ?

Yes, it's with a Y-pipe. Phil Thompson from Solon IA did the process a few years back on his TSC1. I believe he said it didn't make too much of a difference in exhaust noise. I'll have to search and see if I can find the posts as I'd like to get rid of our Hull Hugger on the 96 since it makes getting to the shaft packing difficult.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 9:11pm
Search and you shall receive...

Phil's thread
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 10:45pm
I found the Y pipe at wards

http://store.wardmarine.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WMOS&Category_Code=EF

Is there anywhere cheaper ?   That seems a bit steep for a little piece of pipe.
pmccook1

Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 6:38pm
I found this on Ebay today. Looks like something that you may be able to modify pretty easily
Centex Exhaust Surge Chamber
1979 Ski Nautique (sold)

1997 Ski Nautique

1998 Super Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 2:32pm
Jones was on the right path, Centek does make a Y with 3" or 3.5" inlets and a 4" outlet. This is just a "standard y", not a "surge fitting". Surge fittings are all the same size inlet and outlet diameters.
http://www.centekindustries.com/fittings.html
Orman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2019 at 3:12pm
This was in my 93SN. I am selling complete setup for $250 +shipping or just the Wye for $175. Call me at 319-242-1169 if you are interested.

weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2019 at 2:28am
Do you still have that y pipe setup for sale?
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Orman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2019 at 8:48am
Yes I do. If interested, please call me at 319-242-1169
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic