NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust manifold mystery

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust manifold mystery
    Posted: July-22-2005 at 1:27pm
Got the water distribution tube from osco. Problem solved. Barr 68
barr68
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2005 at 12:34pm
I noticed that the front of the Osco exhaust manifold on the drivers side of my 68 Cuda was running hot when ran my newly aquired boat for the first time after purchaseing it. I figured that it must be clogged up . I disassembled elbow and front end cap from the manifold and found no obstuctions. I knew that the impellor was pumping water to the manifold because the rear was cool when running. As it turned out ,whoever installed the manifold in 1984 did not purchase/install the water distribution tube in the manifold(required when osco manifols are fed from the bottom/back side ala chrysler 318). I suspect the same clown who installed the thermostat upside down and reversed the water pump intake hoses is responsible for this stunt. FYI, Barr68
barr68
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic