Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time for Carb Rebuild?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RobG View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time for Carb Rebuild?
    Posted: July-18-2005 at 11:53am
We've had our 86 Ski Nautique (351 PCM with Holley 4160) about two weeks now and it's been running great until the other day. Going fine at 1/2 to full throttle,
but when I throttled back it started to run rough, then quit. started back up fine, then the same problem. I looked in the carb and gas was dripping from one of the primary side venturis. I'm guessing that the needle and seat need replacing, I've ordered a kit from skidim. Also, it doesn't happen 100% of the time like I would have expected. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?
P.S. This is a really great site!
RobG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2005 at 11:50pm
Rebuilt the carb using the skidim kit. The worst part of it was cleaning off the old gasket material, but the bottom line is: problem solved!
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2005 at 9:33am
Just doing the carb may be fruitless...
Change your filters and IF the fuel pump is original I would change it too, else the symtoms can repeat.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic