NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

312 side draft intake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 312 side draft intake
    Posted: July-15-2005 at 1:51pm
I have a intake off of my 63 classic 312 ford that is for sale. This intake is the factory setup in the 63 312 interceptor with the 2-2 barrel side draft carbs.Both carbs have been rebuilt and intake was glass beaded and clear coated. You can see this boat in the diaries with the motor cover off so you can see the setup. I replaced this intake with different intake and four barrel for more HP/performance. e-mail me if your interested?
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 12:40pm
Is this intake still available & how much do you want for it?
Hammer
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2005 at 3:46am
Paul...how's that thing running?

The 62 we bought last summer is almost done(machine shop is busy and I am not high priority...and the owner is a friend )

We are thinking of switching intakes and running a holley...how's that switch working out for you?
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2005 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

I have a intake off of my 63 classic 312 ford that is for sale. This intake is the factory setup in the 63 312 interceptor with the 2-2 barrel side draft carbs.Both carbs have been rebuilt and intake was glass beaded and clear coated. You can see this boat in the diaries with the motor cover off so you can see the setup. I replaced this intake with different intake and four barrel for more HP/performance. e-mail me if your interested?
Hammer
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2005 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Any chance that you still have this intake? What kind of intake & carb. did you replaced this with?
Hammer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 2:20pm
Hammer,

Sorry for not responding to ya!!
Yes i do have the intake still, It fits a 292/312 intake. Its called a side draft and it has two 2 barrel carter carbs. It was factory on my 312 interceptor and both of the carter carbs. have been completly rebuilt and intake glass beaded and clear coated. If your interested i can e-mail you some pics. of the intake. I stopped using it because not real familiar with carter carbs and adjustments.

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 2:45pm
Hey Gary Whats up?
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 11:07pm
Whats up is...I think you have a picture you should be sharing with eveyoneThats whats up!

Hammer ....sorry about the delay on photos...been way to busy with work stuff Will get on the stick though. Also....the shop manual is copied and I will send it this week ( I do have your address). Paul do you want a copy...312 shop manual...good manual!

Paul...POST THE PICTURE....it is...well..hmmm. should I say quite a sight! Motivational to say the least!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 7:41pm
Do you still have?
How much?
I have this set up on 61 Arenacraft
cool old boat,fins like 58 impala
any way can you tell me how much addittional height is required to you the change as you did.this boat is V drive runabout full hatch over motor,always wondered if i could? My carbs are a pain and cold starts is a drag with side drafts

Thanks Munday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2005 at 12:23pm
Munday,

On my Boat it took an extra 4" with the hood scoop motor cover that already has extra height underneath. I made my motor cover base out of 2 by 4 boards, Braced and Fiberglassed it, bondo filled, sanded & painted it to make it look factory like. Turned out pretty good.

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic