Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speedo Line Replacement 92’

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedo Line Replacement 92’
    Posted: July-15-2005 at 4:54am
All mighty wizards-
I have a 92 nautique, very similar to all early 90's nautiques.   I was installing my Monster Tower last weekend and on the starboard side, I saw the PVC pipe with the speedo lines in it, with a few electrical connections. I swore I measured right, but I must have nicked a speedo line. I stopped drilling in reverse when I figured out what I did, so the damage is probably a whole in that line.

I think I have two choices. Pull that speedo line out and replace it. Or, use a dremel tool and cut a whole in the PVC pipe to "see" into the pipe or cut a whole large enough to fix the spot.

Any advice or tips on replacing this tube? is it a big job or not too bad?

Thanks!
Tommer
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2005 at 12:40pm
I would bet none of us have had to replace a speedo line before. So, my $.02, would be to disconnect both ends of the effected line (at speedo and at equalization tube at transom) and tug on the line to see if it will move freely. If so, connect the new line to the old with a splice connector (straight plastic vacuum nipple) and put small tie wraps on old and new line so that it will not seperate...or even a piece of wire to make it smaller so it will not get hung up on anything. Then pull the old out along with the new in.

If the old line does not want to budge, you may be better off fixing the damage in place. Let us know how it turns out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic