NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! ..Hydraulic or Solid Lifters?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! ..Hydraulic or Solid Lifters?
    Posted: July-15-2005 at 3:49am
Hi All, Im trying to find out what I have for lifters(and how to adjust them) on my '64 American skier. It has an inline 6 ford-based engine. I dont know the displacement. The block has a casting # C3DE6015-E and heads have #D3DE-6090 AA casting. The motor is supposed to be 100hp.

Im not at all familiar with this engine.The rockers are mounted on a shaft and there are adjusting "bolts" on the top of the pushrods.

Im getting conflicting reports(wether solid or hydraulic) on how ,and what to set the valve lash to,and dont want to get her wet til I can get them adjusted:(

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks! Steve
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2005 at 8:08pm
If the head has a D it is a '73 and the block, C3 is '63. My '66 Mustang originally (260) had a '64 block and '65 heads, and solid lifters. My intake and exhaust are set at 18 thousands, done at top dead center, which the rocker arms are all the way up when both valves are closed.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic