NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starter 318 Chrysler

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starter 318 Chrysler
    Posted: July-14-2005 at 1:16pm
I have a 1968 Chrysler 318, reverse rotation in my ski nautique. About every 4th or 5th start the starter will not disengage. Should I be troubleshooting anywhere between the battery and starter? Or, am I just looking at a new starter?
Thanks
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2005 at 1:05am
Chuck,
This is typically a total loss, and I would suggest just selling the boat to someone in NC, and then go buy a new one. Really though, I don't have an answer, but I'm picking up a rebuilt starter tomorrow and will ask my local guy. And not that you need a reminder, but your boat looks really great in the posted picts.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2005 at 1:13am
Reid,
I think I'll not buy a new one, they cost a whole lot more. I'd rather just bug everyone on this site with every little thing. Sorry, NC is too far from KC. Thanks for chiming in, I'm hopeful that the problem is solved. My belt was too loose and I think I wasn't getting enough voltage to the starter--as if I know what I'm talking about. Anyway, a tightened belt later and this evening she started like a charm everytime.
By the way I took some Mastercraft owners out in our SN tonight and they felt like they were riding in a a 68 Corvette--said they thought they were in a sports car, a nice compliment from the MC croud.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic