NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with Unloading Boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiLew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiLew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble with Unloading Boat
    Posted: July-11-2005 at 3:44pm
I do not have a CC trailer but it is a drive on trailer for an IB type boat.

The boat trailers great. But when I unhook the winch strap from the bow eye when unloading the boat, the bow drops down and rubs over the winch stand roller bow stop. At one point it rubbed so hard that it pulled the rub rail off at the bow.

I have tried floating the boat off with the trailer deeper in the water but this does not help.

Do I need to have the trailer modified to take care of this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2005 at 4:20pm
SkiLew,

Pretty common problem, particularly on the
mastercrafts on mastercraft trailers.

Going deep actually exacerbates the problem. More of the boat floats up pushing the nose down. I've seen guys who back it in, pick
up the nose and push the boat off before starting. I've seen folks who put the boat
in at a shallower depth and back the boat off
until it clears (I personally don't like that
because I cringe when I see the bottom of the boat scraping across the trailer bunks.

The steeper the launch ramp, the worse the problem. If you have alternative launch ramps, you might try looking for a ramp with a shallower lauch angle. You might have to
back the trailer farther in, but the floating
boat to trailer angle will be less severe ont he less pitched ramp.

Otherwise, Looks like some mods.

Good luck,

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic