Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2005 5.7 burning oil

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
John View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 5.7 burning oil
    Posted: July-05-2005 at 2:30am
We just bought a new 206 and have put 60hrs on the boat in a little less than 2 months and love the boat. We have had to add oil to the boat twice(Bone dry shut down and be towed in) and our local dealer says that it is normal if you use the boat as often as we do. IS THIS NORMAL OR DO WE HAVE SOMETHING WRONG? Also what type of a
oil, dealer recommended straight 40?
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2005 at 12:59am
Have you done the first oil change at 25 hours yet or have you gone way past that? When a motor breakes in it will use some oil but it is not good to run a motor bone dry of oil as it could seize the engine. And PCM recomends you use 15w40 in the motor.
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2005 at 2:55am
My old boat has over 750 hours and we don't have to add oil.Of course you have a Chevy and mine is a Ford, but still running out of oil on a new engine is not normal. What would you think if your car or truck acted like that?
Bob Ed
83 2001
JOHN View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2005 at 6:36pm
We had the first oil changed at approx 35hrs
and that is when we found the low oil issue
Our dealer is know saying maybe the sensor is bad and as a result that is why our boat is shutting down and maybe it really wasn't low on oil the second time. I think the next question is when the service rep came out changed the oil was it actually low? I'm a rookie when it comes to engine main/repair but does anyone think that the actual dip stick could not be reading accurate?
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2005 at 9:27pm
there isnt much to a dipstick. not it is probably right
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic