NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 25>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vote
    Posted: November-01-2010 at 10:50pm
Tomorrows the big day, all you conservatives get out there, vote early and vote often!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2010 at 11:18pm
And then Thursday Nancy looses the jet
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 12:52am
Nancy said the other day she would retire if she lost the speaker job. If that does not get out the vote I don't know what will.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 9:58am
Vote - I did !!!    I've earned my right to cry about those sons a guns'
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 10:07am
thats one beoch i will glady see retire
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 10:10am
I gotta add, you guys got the house under the same circumstances the halfrican got the castle....dont let us down
"the things you own will start to own you"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 11:15am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Nancy said the other day she would retire if she lost the speaker job.

Adios Nancy. GTFO.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 11:39am
I did my part yesterday....Sianara, seniorita,

"Ding Dong the witch is DEAD, open your eyes and get out of bed!"

Two more years and we'll throw the Chief IDIOT out of office and get that back too!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 11:44am
Not the complete bloodbath I was hoping for but I will take it. A step in the right direction. Good by Nancy,(deleted something really nasty here).
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 11:46am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I gotta add, you guys got the house under the same circumstances the halfrican got the castle....dont let us down

I share your sentiment exacly, If it is business as usual it might be an armed revolt next time.
1987 Ski Nautique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

If it is business as usual it might be an armed revolt next time.

Thats my fear, looking like Dems control Senate and GOP controls house, thats a recipe for Gridlock with the Dems in the White-house. I believe it is the largest change / swing (Dem to GOP - this time) in WI, gaining the governorship, state assembly and state senate, so now we'll see what the GOP can do, should be a pretty good case study to watch.
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 2:07pm
Gridlock would be a good thing at this point. That would mean conservatives are sticking to conservative values and not letting the spending continue. I hope the conservatives learned their lesson and will stick to their values or their stay will be short.

Quote Nancy said the other day she would retire if she lost the speaker job.

I wouldn't trust her for a minute. She also said this...

Quote “AFTER YEARS OF HISTORIC DEFICITS, THIS 110th CONGRESS WILL COMMIT ITSELF TO A HIGHER STANDARD; PAY-AS-YOU-GO, NO NEW DEFICIT SPENDING. OUR NEW AMERICA WILL PROVIDE UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITY FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS, NOT BURDEN THEM WITH MOUNTAINS OF DEBT.” …Nancy Pelosi, 2007

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 3:23pm
Once again Massachusetts and California show they have the heads up their butts.

I hope Obama aplogizes to the enemy in his speech, oh by the way Mr. President, not only are we riding on the bus we gst window seats!!!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 4:31pm
Is everyone here republican? Not that I judge, but it sure seems like most of us are, which is pretty dang cool.

My fiance is an "independent" voted for Obummer...then graduated college and now has to pay her own health insurance...

I may or may not remind her every day who she voted for
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 4:50pm
I'd "like" to think I'm an independent BUT the Dems force me into being republican !
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 5:37pm
I was proud to stand in line at a poll that isn't usually so busy when I go.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
drtybrdy9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drtybrdy9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 5:59pm
Of course we are mostly republican. These boats are expensive, which means we have jobs. Which means we aren't democrats.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by drtybrdy9 drtybrdy9 wrote:

Of course we are mostly republican. These boats are expensive, which means we have jobs. Which means we aren't democrats.

Glad to see we're on the same page there...
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 6:07pm
I looked for a SN entitlement referendum...didn't see it.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Is everyone here republican? Not that I judge, but it sure seems like most of us are, which is pretty dang cool.

There are a number of dems here but since they were given absolute power (Presidency and supermajority) and only screwed up the country, they just can't defend themselves anymore. Suddenly a great portion of the country is paying attention and learning the facts. Even "Eric the Red" is starting to sound "red, white and blue"

We have a long way to go but at least we have nuetered the big dog.
1987 Ski Nautique

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 7:28pm
Happened to see the Muslim,traitor president on TV this afternoon. He sure was eating some "Humble Pie".
Also noticed that there was an American flag displayed on the platform and he even had an American flag lapel pin. What a coincidence!
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 1:38am

It is obvious that CCF is dominated by members or supporters of the GOP. As a result there is a lot of "conversation" about politics here in the "Off Topic" section that is little more than a high five session on the internet. I'm not so sure that is "pretty dang cool."

I would encourage members of all parties, Republican, Democrat, and everything in between, to actually consider what the "other" people are saying. No sound bite "answer" or outright, and completely irrelevant, falsehood (e.g. "President Obama is a Muslim!") is going to bring the real issues into focus.

Could it be that some people who vote Democrat think very much as you do, but simply have other priorities? There are a lot of other things to worry about than just taxes, the deficit, or government bailouts.   From my point of view, you can either help to steer this country and world forward as best you know how, or you can cover your eyes and ride this planet straight into the ground. The latter is easy. The former is difficult, requiring real dialogue and, *gasp*, compromise.

"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 1:50am
Very well said. Its to bad that our elected officials (from both sides of the aisle) don't share your sensibility.

The ex-quality guy in me, wants to root cause the "why," my suspicion is that most politicians are driven by the need to stay employed (and why not, aren't all of us) which means get re-elected. I firmly believe that realistic term limits would go along way to ending the partisan politics that have become the norm in recent years.

That being said, I am excited to see what can happen in the great state of WI with people that are more in line with my thinking at the helm.
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 3:06am
Thanks Steve. I think realistic term limits coupled with actual campaign finance reform would do wonders. Of course our elected officials have absolutely no incentive to see either of those through.

I have to admit that I feel quite the opposite as you as far as the new WI leadership. But hey, we're all in this together!

Best
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 4:04am
Originally posted by Hansel Hansel wrote:

It is obvious that CCF is dominated by members or supporters of the GOP. As a result there is a lot of "conversation" about politics here in the "Off Topic" section that is little more than a high five session on the internet. I'm not so sure that is "pretty dang cool."

I would encourage members of all parties, Republican, Democrat, and everything in between, to actually consider what the "other" people are saying. No sound bite "answer" or outright, and completely irrelevant, falsehood (e.g. "President Obama is a Muslim!") is going to bring the real issues into focus.

Could it be that some people who vote Democrat think very much as you do, but simply have other priorities? There are a lot of other things to worry about than just taxes, the deficit, or government bailouts.   From my point of view, you can either help to steer this country and world forward as best you know how, or you can cover your eyes and ride this planet straight into the ground. The latter is easy. The former is difficult, requiring real dialogue and, *gasp*, compromise.

Hansel, I quite agree that we all have much more in common than differences, but there are some very distinct differnces between the parties that have led to friction. Conservatives in general believe in the abilities of their fellow man and that he or she has the ability to prosper with their own unique talents if allowed to do so, and that they bear the responsibility to try and achieve that. We recognize the need for charity and actually enjoy the opportunity to aid those that need it and mentor those that face challenges, in order to help them become self sufficient. These also happen to be the founding principles of this county. With the declaration of independance and our constituion a very unique and special set of operating rules where created to foster individual achievement and a nation rapidly developed into a dominant world power based on these rules. It was a very successful formula and experiment that absolutely works. I personally want to see the experiment continued, except it now is a proven system.
My take on liberals/ Democrats (my take) is that they do not believe in the individual, they see them as in need of protection as they cannot succeed on their own. This robs the individual of the self satisfaction of achieving on their own, and has created a permanet class of dependant individuals who are of able body and mind, but unable or unwilling to participate in the experiment.
Another part of this difference is that conservatives believing in the individual tend to keep to themselves until pushed to far. Liberals believe that everyone must contribute to their solutions and mandate their participation. They say a conservative who does not like guns will not own one, a liberal who does not like guns seeks to ban them.
You say There are a lot of other things to worry about other than just taxes, the deficit, or government bailouts, and you are correct. With a national budget of 1.8 trillion most consevatives were concerned because they did not agree, but you did not see them protesting in the streets. When the budget went to 4 trillion in two years of democratic leadership they were pushed to far. We were forced to worry.
Why is it if someone wants to save the world, I or "the rich" have to pay for it, and what is the effect of taking that choice away from the individual. If I am reasonably taxed for legitmate government services I will have the resources to give charitably, and I have done that alot in my life. I have given time and money to my fellow man because I feal blessed in my life and wish to share that. Doing so makes me feel good and is an additional reward for my achievement. Under the liberal system the government takes the money up front from me. I have little to no imput in how efficiently the money gets used or where it goes, and I lose the gift of being charitable by my own choice. This leads to feeling cynacle rather than blessed.
Why can't liberals just say I want to improve this, here is some of my money or my time. What makes them so arrogant that they are sure they are spending the money better than those they take it from? "The rich" are the ones who create jobs in this country and when we punish them for doing so by taking their rewards we discourage them and they stop creating jobs. Maybe creating jobs is their contribution to society, isnt that enough?
Who is to say which direction is the one that will steer this country forward. I say this countrys people did that with the aid of a brilliant constition for over 200 years, just stay out of thier way. If you disagree with me do your own thing, one of us may be wrong, but I know it its wrong to demand someone pay for the wrong direction when they may be going in the right direction.
I heard an analogy about compromise today. If you want food to eat to sustain yoursef and someone offers you arsenic, how much do you consume as a comprimise. I believe freedom is nurishment and re-distribution of wealth is arsenic. How much do you want me to consume as a compromise to get along.
1987 Ski Nautique

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 9:30am
If I could make one law - Line item veto. That way you know where the buck stops.

If you could make ONE change what would it be ?
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 10:05am
How about instead of 18 being the day you can vote make it when you first actually pay net positive taxes. Or only if you have payed lifetime net positive taxes. Imagine the tax revenue increases if poeple were cheating up their income so they could vote. The point being you should have some skin in the game if you are making the decisions.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 10:25am
One term, 5 years. No holding an office and taking time off to campaign for another. If your a Senator and want to be Govenor do it after your term expires. Too many of these people get in bed with lobbiests and get reelected term after term. Keep freshining up the congress. Keep them accountable.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 1:08pm
We are all on the same page about BEING ACCOUNTABLE.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 1:54pm
How can you guys talk with concern about the budget, defecits, etc. and not bring up the Military Budget? Seems to me that is the best place to start slashing. How much money have we spent on the wars? What has it gained us?

We need to get rid of the two party system. They are both corporate whores and most people feel that you are voting for the lesser of two evils. Trickle down econmics is bull. Rich executives care about one thing and that's their bottom line. How do they increase their bottom line especially in times like this? They outsource, cut benefits amongst other things which directly effects employment oppurtunities here in our country.

Calling the president Muslim, or saying he's not born in America does a diservice to our country. You probably also believe your taxes have gown up since Obama took office too but:

Neutral economists insist that, under the Obama administration, the overwhelming likelihood is that your tax burden has gone down, not up. Even conservative economic analysts acknowledge that there really is no basis for middle- and working-class Americans to believe that they're suddenly paying more.

"The only tax I think that has been put in place so far is an increase in the federal cigarette tax. I can't think of another Obama tax that has gone in place so far," said Chris Edwards, Director of Tax Policy Studies at the conservative Cato Institute.

The right wing continues to move further and further to the right trying and turning a lot of you into fundementalist and biggots who think there is only one correct path. I also often wonder why the most religious party(meaning the republican party) is the most selfish? Doesn't seem in line with your Jesus message.

Remeber, Reagan raised taxes. Imagine if Obama raised taxes, conservatives would go nuts. But I will say, the republican party is nothing like it was back in the 80's nor do they have anything in common with the republican Abe Lincoln.

Also, read an interesting article about the "GOP's Senior Moment" perhaps you will find it interesting too.

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/11/03/forget-the-tea-party-republicans-won-because-of-older-voters.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 25>
  Share Topic