Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floor Repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
882001sn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor Repair
    Posted: June-10-2005 at 2:28am
Okay guys as per my earlier post the floor has a soft spot just to the left of the drivers seat and right in front of the engine cover. The fiberglass has split right under the engine cover as I can feel it since that area is hollow. Rest of the floor seems solid. My question is...what kind of cost am I in for? This is something I have not got the know how or the space to fix it
The boat is a 88 2001.

Mike
ben View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2005 at 1:25pm
I have an 88 that I bought last fall. Had to replace the wood floor, and do some stringer repair. I took a circular saw and set the depth to cut just through the fiberglass. Started with an one by one area and found out the wood was not even there. So I cut out from front of engine up to battery box. Found stringers were rotted in this area as well. Used some rot doctor to repair, and built stringers back up with epxoy resin and fiberglass shavings. Re-glassed them. Had to pour new foam into area, had dug old foam out for drying purposes. Got piece of marine grade plywood, cut it to size, coated it completely with epoxy resin. Screwed it back down, re-glassed it with epxoy resin and cloth. New carpet from Lowes. Been going to lake one to two times a week and am loving the wake. (Why I bought the boat) I was very fortunate to have a friend that helped (did) a lot of the work. Cost was only about 400-500 dollars. I was a dummy and didn't take pictures. Thanks to all on this website for their help. Check out us composites for material.
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2005 at 10:24am
Here's some pics of my floor project I'm working on right now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic