NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bulb for Bow Light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulb for Bow Light
    Posted: June-24-2010 at 10:02pm
Hi All,

I realize this is an overly simple question, but does anyone know what bulb number the bow light takes on a 1993 Ski Nautique? Is it like an automotive taillight bulb type of thing?

I couldn't find any info and have the boat with me to look at. I'd like to pick up the bulb before I head up for the weekend.

Thanks
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 11:17am
Should be just a single contact small headed bulb. Not sure about the candle power but any single contact, regular body, small head.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 11:27am
Take it out and bring it to an automotive store (napa or similar) And they should be able to match it. Should have a number on the base if it is still legible.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 12:43pm
Are you sure it's not a Dual Contact?

# 90 for dual
# 89 for single

AT
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 2:07pm
Ok, thanks for the info.

It's funny, couldn't find that info really listed anywhere.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 12:56am

I figured I'd post a picture in case anyone else has the same question.

This is what the replacement looks like. I bought mine at West Marine.
After you remove the two screws holding the bowlight to the boat, there's two that hold the top and bottom of the light together (at least on a 1993 Ski Nautique)

Be careful because the green and red lenses will want to go popping out. The little bulb is then held in place with a little spring that is part of one of the contacts.

Also be careful not to overtightent the screws that hold the light together, it's just biting in to plastic. I partially stripped one of mine, but it works for now. Nautiqueparts.com sells the whole bowlight (as do many others I'm sure, it's a Perko), so I bought a backup in case mine comes apart.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 1:17am
I was way off then! I'd been lost if I'd bought one without looking!!

Guess I know now what mine takes

Thanks Brian Bri892001
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic