Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jump Seat * Wanted or DIY

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cincytique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cincytique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jump Seat * Wanted or DIY
    Posted: June-08-2010 at 12:42am
I have a 99 Air and am looking for a jump seat. I have not found anything here in CCF or NP forums. I have also struck out on Craigslist & Ebay. Anyone sell older model seats or anyone have some good DIY ideas? Many thanks.
1999 Air
rithmetic man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rithmetic man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2010 at 6:39pm
Glen...You can fabricate the seat frame yourself and have it covered for better quality than you might be able to find second hand. I had to do that for mine was was very pleased with the result.
"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid...Pilgrim..."

John Wayne

1965 Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cincytique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2010 at 12:41am
Thank you. I had started down that path in my mind and even started taking dimensions from the lift up spotters seat. Assume if I replicate the base height, angles, foam thickness, etc I will have a reasonable height match. I would like to incorporate a fold down backrest to allow step over to the open bow. Anyone with pics, I would appreciate it!

By the way, Burlington? Small world, I was just in Brown Summit/Reidsville area. Thanks again.
1999 Air
rithmetic man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rithmetic man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2010 at 12:25pm
I hope it all works out for you. If you choose to use an upholster he will use foam of various densities to attain the heights to complete your project. The biggest deal is getting your frame the way you want it and giving the upholster the finished dimensions. The guy here did a great job on the rear seat on my '65 and knew more of what I needed than I did. Brown's Summitt and Reidsville is a fair distance from Cincinnati. I hope the banjo music did not unnerve you.
"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid...Pilgrim..."

John Wayne

1965 Nautique

east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 2:40pm
I built a very nice jump seat for my old MC. Prior to that, I had a CC jump seat. As luck would have it, I took the dimensions of the CC jump seat base.

1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cincytique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2010 at 12:14am
Thank you! This is one of those 'wanna do' projects but it may get put aside til winter. If I get into it, I will post outcome. It is time to ride now!
1999 Air
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic