Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carburetor Wedge Plate

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bfoottank89 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfoottank89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carburetor Wedge Plate
    Posted: June-02-2005 at 4:44pm
I have an '89 Barefoot with a 454cid and a 650 cfm Holley and was wondering where I could get a carburetor wedge plate to allow the carb to work in a plumb level position. I have had no luck in finding one with enough angle or manifold clearance to work. Help.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 6:44pm
I asked a salesman ,at skidim the other day when I was ordering a waterpump, why they stop carrying the carb wedge and he said alot of people had trouble with them and that holley raised the price to $110.
Tim D
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 11:27pm
Try Glenwood Marine. Here is a link to their catalog.

Wedge Plates
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2005 at 8:50pm
www.glen-l.com
SierraJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SierraJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2005 at 4:34pm
Bought one, installed it, great results. See other posts.

TimD,
Wedge plates are not discontinued by everyone...only Holley and skidim. I spoke with Holley this morning and asked why. The tech simply said they were not selling that fast, and people were adjusting their secondary floats to compensate for excess incline of engine. You can still get these plates elsewhere (TransDapt; Morosso, etc.), and some are having good reviews. Me...for one. Others see no need, certainly if they have EFI or no top-end issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic