Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What’s the right boat to buy?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Revman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s the right boat to buy?
    Posted: June-02-2005 at 1:32pm
Hello Nautique Fans, I myself have allways been
a Nautique Fan as well skiing my personal best behind a 93 Nautique. For the most part I Slalom ski but like to wakeboard and Barefoot. I would like to buy a brand new boat but the price tag on them is way over my budget so what I would like to know is what year of boat whould best suit the type of skiing I do? My friend has a 89 but I would like something a little newer. I also like the looks of the 97 models. Are the 93-96 models the same hull design? How do the 97's slalom compared to the 93's? Does Perfect pass require EFI?
Thanks, Revman
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 1:58pm
Revman,

Based on your post, I assume you are looking at the 19.5 foot or ski nautique hulls. How old of boat depends upon your ability/tolerance for working on these boats and taking care of them. Of the vintage boats you discussed, the hulls can be broken
down as follows 81-89, 90-96, 97-99.

81-89: The SN2001. Good waterski wake, however a little hard. First of the "larger"
Ski nautiques. This boat is well liked by wakeboarders because it can be weighted down to produce a very good, or even excellent wakeboard wake.

90-96. Ski nautique with the Euro style tail.
There is a noticable step up in the waterski
wake. It has less spray and is softer. Weighted down, this boat can put out a decent
wakeboard wake, but not as good as the previous vintage. In 93, CC began the composite stringer system This means that there is no wood in boat. Personally, if I were looking at one of these boats, I would get a 93 or later. I can't recall when Fuel
injection began, but I believe it was 94. Cosmetically, they changed the striping almost every year, added built in stereos, changed the windshield, etc. but not much differnce.

97-99: This was the first era of the Total Surface control Hull. This is a modern, world class waterski wake. Boat handles unbelievably. EFI was not standard, but most
came with EFI. Even weighted down, this will
produce the weakest wakeboard wake of the three vintages you have mentioned.

Check out the references section of this section. There are sales brochures from a lot of years which can help you understand the progression of features, etc.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others will pipe in
with distinguishing characteristics betwen these boats.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

SGY View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 2:20pm
I agree with everything Bkhallpass stated except that the TSC1 hull went from 97-2001. 2002 was the first year for the TSC2 hull.

IMHO, there is a big difference between the 2001 model wake and the 90-96 model wake. Much softer and smaller. The TSC1 hull improved over the 90-96 substantially. EFI started in 1994 but be careful buying this TBI powered boat. If they are "right" they run like a scalded dog. If not, you will be in for some problems. Contact the folks at PCM for more info. I'd look for a 95-96 GT-40 for that vintage or a 97-2001. You won't be sorry if you buy the TSC hulled boat. Awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic