NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 mastercraft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 mastercraft
    Posted: May-28-2010 at 2:30am
I skied behind the new 2010 mastercraft 190 with the 6.0 liter 400hp motor today. Nice boat, hell it should be! Trailer even had back up lights. The feel is a bit more corse than the nautique. Cant say I didnt like it, just different. Wake got a lot better after we added about 55lbs to the bow. I did like the fact that it had a teak platform. I hate the new fiberglass platforms. They just aren't right. I will get to ski with it all year, so I hope I dont end up moving over to the dark side! What am I thinking, I cant afford a new one even if I wanted one!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 9:53am
cheating is legal, unless you get caught...and you got caught lol, I have to give them MC some credit also, for the first time i am seeing more mc's out on the lake than cc's
"the things you own will start to own you"
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 2:25pm
"The few, the proud"
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 2:28pm
CC has priced them self out of the family boat market.

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 2:05pm
Looks like my skiing career is going on hold for a bit. I ruptured my eardrum in a fall on Friday. Man, that hurts like hell! I may become the designated boat driver. Oh well, that the way it goes.

One thing I hate about the MC, is the placement and design of the key switch. It is placed all the way starboard on the console in the corner. You cant have one hand working the throttle and the other hand on the key switch like I am used to with the CC. I like to throttle up to the skier and turn off the motor as the boat platform drifts up to the skier. It is hard to get to the switch fast and easy. Also, the key has a straight up as OFF, left as ACC, and right as ON/Start. No markings at all. So, i find myself turning the key to the ACC thinking I am turning it OFF. Old habits are hard to break.

We spoke with a MC guy this weekend at the Masters and he said we need to change the prop for slalom. He said it will make a big difference on wake and starts.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 4:01pm
Doc's Pro Plugs when your ear gets better. I've been using them for years because of to many wakeboard falls , blown eardrums used to be fairly common 2 or 3 time a summer for me. The best thing about them is that there is a very small hole that allows you to hear OK, and keeps your head from feeling plugged up which is very disorienting when your upside down.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 4:23pm
Tx, Thanks for the heads up on the plugs!

I wonder how long before I can get back into the water? My ears have been draining for about two days. They tell me that is normal, wonder when that will quit?
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 5:40pm
It's been quite a few years, but I remember that only lasting a few days. Then I think my hearing was kind of dull on one side for a week or two then I would go back at it with some silicone plugs in. That would probably work for you for some basic front footin, they keep all water out but your balance might be a little off if your doing spins and stuff. Mine have gotten so bad I can't even jump off the dock without plugs in because the pressure will pop them now. Be sure there good before you try to go under very deep.   
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 6:14pm
I've done it a couple times now, usually within 2 weeks things are pretty much back to normal and the doc will let you get them wet again.

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 12:21pm
Thanks guys, I am happy to "hear" that I am not the only one falling!
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 11:05am
I ruptured both ear drums last year. The draining lasted about 2-3 days. Then it took about 3-4 weeks to hear normal again.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Hawktique Hawktique wrote:

I ruptured both ear drums last year. The draining lasted about 2-3 days. Then it took about 3-4 weeks to hear normal again.

At the same time??? That must have been one heck of a fall!
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 11:57am
Fortunately it wasn't at the same time. As soon as the one healed, I busted the other one the next time out footin. 4 weeks apart on the carnage.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic