Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Trailer ID#

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
schiffsnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schiffsnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Trailer ID#
    Posted: May-26-2010 at 1:56am
Does anyone have any information on where the trailer ID # is on 93 CC trailer? The NMMA placard, on the inside of the frame on the port side at the bow, is faded too bad to make hardly anything out. I bought my 93 3 years ago from a gentlemen in Ohio and was the second owner. The original owner was from Michigan and bought the boat at Silver Spray Sports. He said that he did not recieve a title for the trailer and was not required to have one for Ohio. It is the original trailer from Correct Craft from what I can see. I can make rhat out on the NMMA certification that the manufacturer is "Correct Craft" and their is a yellow vinyl CC symbol on the inside frame of the trailer on the starboard side at the stern. I can also make out some of the other specs but not the trailer Id#. It seems that the trailer should have a stamp on it somewhere in the frame with the Id#. Logically, that would be a safe bet due to NMMA tags can be removed and trailers can be stolen.......... The issue is that I live in PA where trailers must have a title to get the yearly registration. I have been using the trailer Id# from my past boat trailer since but need to get this sorted out before someone else does for me.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 2:31am
There's a piece of 1/4" white tape underneath the tongue and elsewhere on the trailer. Although the #'s might be rubbed off there too!
Get you a flourescent light, shine it on your silver tag,above it worked for me, get 3 pairs of good eyes,and start calling out #'s and have someone writing them down. Those #'s at a certain angle with that light will pop right out!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
schiffsnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schiffsnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 11:19pm
There is a small piece of mirrored tape underneath the tongue but no numbers.. Will try the light trick..
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 11:29pm
I had a similar problem on my 86, the sticker or metal tag was completely gone and the PO didn't have a title for it. I called correct craft techinical support, they may be able to help you, but you never know. They lost a bunch of records apparently and were not able to help me. I was able to get a home-made trailer serial# put on mine, but I was redoing the trailer anyway so there wasn't any indication that it was a factory trailer after I blasted and painted it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic